[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout) eOS - Q

A new up-to-date unofficial Q-build for Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)
This is an untested build so make a backup first and share your experience.

Device info : https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/jasmine_sprout

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675565065

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Great, @itsclarence Thanks for building it.

jasmine_sprout_by_itsclarence

microG Servives Core Version 0.2.10.19420-77 is (still) integrated. This example shows that it also works with more recent versions (v0.2.12.203315).

I couldn’t believe my eyes.
I had previously installed TWRP Recovery 3.4.0-1.
After installing e-0.12-q-20201015-UNOFFICIAL-jasmine_sprout_by itsclarence
eRecovery v 0.12 (20201015) is suddenly installed.
I think a hint for this is already necessary, don't you?

there was a ‘hidden’ announcement eRecovery Testing!

Well, the ‘hidden’ announcement is so well described that I don’t recognize it.

Apart from that: Up to now I don’t know of any /e/ OS installation where my installed TWRP was replaced by another recovery.

/e/Recovery is a fork of ‘Lineage Recovery’. The Lineage Recovery as well as /e/Recovery does this well on the Xiaomi Mi A2, which is what the name stands for. Nevertheless, I think a short note is in order for the user to know what is going on.

I admired you customROM builders when you build ROMs without having the device in your hands. But this has serious disadvantages, because the developer has to filter out all bugs from the users’ feedback. But if he has the device on site, he can immediately detect the bugs himself and reproduce, verify and fix the reported bugs.

If a ROM builder intends to maintain the device permanently, the user community should support the developer financially to purchase a device for personal testing.

Hi @itsclarence, if you are interested in donating via PP, please let me know.

1 Like

My only intention is to introduce people to this project, of which no rom or an obsolete rom is present. The fact that changes occur that are beyond my control can indeed be annoying. On the other hand, I see a lot of users who are happy with the initiative to build ROMs for different models. Sure enough, making the user pay for the developer’s own test phone is a nice goal, but not feasible I think.

@itsclarence,
please do not understand my statements as criticism but as a suggestion and my interest in your work. I would be very pleased if you would continue building the /e/ OS.

A used Xiaomi MI A2 usually costs no more than 75-80 EUR. If a few users of the ROM merge, the Mi A2 is quickly paid for and can support the ROM builder in his work.

If my proposal offended you, that was not my intention at all. Quite the contrary.

I’m not offended at all and your proposal sounds good. It would indeed contribute to a good development of this rom. But I think your proposal is difficult to implement with these huge numbers of models.

@itsclarence, let’s just make a start and consider how we can organize it.

An idea - take a look here (at the bottom), for example: OnePlus 3/3T LineageOS Downloads

All donations are welcome and will go towards the cost of hardware and electricity - and the purchase of smartphones.

???

A new up-to-date Q-build for the jasmine_sprout.

Backup and enjoy…

2 Likes

yes, I do. Thank you very much.
@itsclarence :1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal:

Update

e-0.14-q-2020122 successfully installed and booted, but not yet tested in detail. After two months I had completely forgotten that eRecovery v0.14 (20201223) is flashed instead of TWRP Recovery.

It would be helpful if the Lineage-Recovery fork eRecovery was also available separately, because my experience with Lineage-Recovery is positive especially for the first installation of LOS CustomROMs, because it can handle A/B devices very well.

@itsclarence We just discovered that Immanuel Raj (jasmine_sprout active XDA builder/maintainer) swiched to this interesting/alternative kernel:

Hope that helps/inspires !