ROM → 32/64/128GB
RAM → 4/6GB
Android → Android One [8.1 - 10]
Battery → 3010 mAh
Display → 1080x2160 pixels, 5.99
Rear Camera → 12MP+20MP, AI Dual Camera
Front Camera → 20 MP

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

From now, Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout) has official support from LineageOS 17.-1 :smiley:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/jasmine_sprout

1 Like

There’s an official Resurrection Remix v7.0 (pie) build too:
https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=pie/jasmine_sprout

Note that this device also support dual/multi boot/roms:
Simple A-B MultiBoot

Ok, seems that some Android 11 ROMs are out:

Enjoy !

I haven’t tried all the options yet, but it seems to be working well.

5 days ago, I tried a compilation I made myself, but with the MINIMAL_APPS parameter (it’s removing LibreOffice viewer, PDFViewer, Maps and Weather) and it works fine too.

1 Like

More Android 11 ROMs:

More Android 11, moRe fun !

I prefer itsclarence’s eOS-Q ROM and look forward to an update in Nov./Dec.2020.

Yeah, mee too, but open source custom ROMs could anyway help the “evolution”…

EDIT:
PixelExperience (Android 11-based) ROM is now official !

SF.net files / XDA 3ad

Yeah, I guess. But PixelExperience ROMs are a nearly 1:1 copy of Stock Android and come by default with an large version of GApps, which is more than 500MB in size. This is the only way the optional feature ‘venue check-in’ of the (UK) NHS Covid-19 app works.

In fact, PixelExperience ROMs are a copy of Google Android (from Pixel devices). But we are here because we want to get away from Google’s Android, and get closer to the AOSP, right?

That’s why you pointed to LineageOS 17.1, right?

LineageOS is after all up to 90% degoogled. And thanks to @itsclarence we have a /e/ OS build with up to 99.9% degoogled source code. This is great!

Yes, but above all I indicated it because with the Xiaomi Mi A2 official LineageOS support, that means we have access to sources that can be used to build /e/OS :partying_face:

1 Like

Well, I now have the impression that I did not understand your words in your mind before.

We have a common goal: A 99,99% googlefree AOSP Android 10 like it @itsclarence built us. And it works with microG Servives Core version 0.2.10.19420 and v0.2.12.203315 (COVID apps compatible).

Note that crDroid - wich is LineageOS based - released official Android 11 builds:

XDA discussion 3ad:

Yeah, crDroid has become very active again and has a nice range of supported devices.

At the moment, I prefer a stable CustomROM ‘Q’ than the ‘R’ development that is just getting underway. But time does not stand still, always further, always faster, always the latest. But it is better that users are spoiled for choice instead of an MI A2 with stock Android.

In fact, there are already official LineageOS 18.1 sources for My A2, although not openly published, I imagine because they are still in the alpha phase, but a build I made, works quite well.

/e/ OS ‘R’ will not be available anytime soon. As a /e/ fan, I am already satisfied with a stable /e/ OS ‘Pie’. /e/ OS ‘Q’ is already running well, as various unoffical builds show, indicating that the trust lost in /e/ in 2020 could be regained bit by bit in 2021.

LineageOS is leading the way and the LOS 17.1 build for jasmine_sprout is running well - also the LineageOS-for-microG edition.

Unsurpassed, however, is the stable AOSP Android 10 of CalyxOS 1.0.0. The first beta build with AOSP Android 11 aka CalyxOS 2.1.0 also bodes well for the MI A2. microG can be selected or deselected during the initial installation. Calyx SeedVault Backup is included as standard - as is now also the case with GrapheneOS and LineageOS 17.1.

The highlight of both CalyxOS versions for the MI A2, however, is the superbly functioning ‘Verified Boot’ and ‘Locked Bootloader’. Neither LineageOS nor /e/ OS nor any other CustomROM can keep up with this security aspect.