[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro (raphael) for /e/OS-T

Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro (raphael) for /e/OS-T 1.17

e-1.17-t-20231202-UNOFFICIAL-raphael.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=16385555061192798445

Please see sources and install instructions including recovery here:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-t-unofficial-lineageos-20-0-for-redmi-k20-pro-mi-9t-pro-raphael.4464937/

Use it at your own risk!
Please support the developer(s)!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

mi9tpro

Hey @ronnz98, can you please create a current build /e/ T V.1.18. Thank you.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/XiaomiSmartphones/e-1.18-t-20231216-UNOFFICIAL-raphael.zip/download

First and foremost, thank you for your work. I tried to flash both ROMs, but sadly it always ends with the following error message:

Now send the package you want to apply
to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"...
Supported API: 3
Finding update package...
Verifying update package...
Update package verification took 63.2 s (result 0).
Installing update...
Target: Xiaomi/raphael/raphael:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.5.2.0.
RFKMIXM:user/release-keys
assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_fil
e("dynamic_partitions_op_list"))
ERROR:    recovery: Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

Install completed with status 1.
Installation aborted.

What I’ve already tried:

• Redo the whole XDA guide.
  • Download /e/OS zips again.
  • Format everything with the recovery (data, cache, system).
  • Change USB port and cable.

None of these worked, but if I try to install the latest LineageOS from the XDA thread, it flashes and boots just fine, with no errors. Did I miss something?

Xxpsilon surely knows how it works :slight_smile:

Xxpsilon s

First time installation:

Install /e/ recovery (extracted form *.zip file) via fastboot (or OrangeFox):

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

• Now reboot into e-recovery to verify the installation - Important!

Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition.

adb -d sideload e-1.18-t-20231216-UNOFFICIAL-raphael.zip

If the file has been successfully installed, the last line of the e-Recovery will display:
Install completed with status 0
Click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.

That’s all :crossed_fingers: Happy flashing!

Thank you. Tried to follow your guide, but I encountered three issues.

1. I don’t have vendor_boot.img, nor vendor_boot partition. You meant vbmeta.img and vbmeta partition, right? I went with that for the rest of it.
  2. I tried to flash the copy partitions zip, but it gave me several errors every few seconds.
    For a while, all of them said:
    no such file or directory
    And in the last part of the script, it gave me something like:
    no more space on the device
    At the end, the flashing failed with status 1.
  3. After I ignored the second issue to see what happens, I tried to flash the ROMs zip file, but the result was the same as before.

Maybe i’m wrong, but does all of this meant to work on the Mi 9T Pro 6/128 GB model? Because it seems for me that every single error I get is related to partitioning or resizing. The UFS is 100% okay, since any other ROM flashes, boots, and works just fine.

Which stock Android is running on your ‘raphael’?

Which ROMs exactly(!) have you successfully installed for this device?

Then something went horribly wrong, since ronnz98’s zip does not contain any vendor_boot.img, only vbmeta.img. I downloaded it for the third time to make sure of it.

The stock for this phone is the latest MIUI 12.5 Global (V12.5.2.0.RFKMIXM).

Custom ROM wise, it took everything until now. To be precise:

• LineageOS 20 (no dynamic partition, used to be my daily driver prior to this /e/OS attempt)
  • LineageOS 20 (this one’s got dynamic partition)
  • Many other ROMs for a try like PixelExtended, VoltageOS, EvolutionX…

Please excuse me, I had mistakes in my instructions, which I have now corrected.

No worries, happens to everyone from time to time. I’ve read the new instructions, but I already did this when I followed the original guide which gave me the assert failed error. Strangely enough, if I try the exact same steps with the dynamic partitioned LineageOS 20 (of course with the Lineage recovery for that), it works perfectly, only /e/OS throws me these errors. I even tried to exchange things between the two zip files, but then of course I have other kind of error messages related to the swap.

If you have successfully installed LineageOS 20.0 /e/OS by @ronnz98, you can also try installing with this configuration. Make sure that “also update recovery” is activated in the LOS 20.0 settings.

Boot into LOS recovery

Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition.

If the file has been successfully installed, the last line of the e-Recovery will display:
Install completed with status 0

That’s all :crossed_fingers: Happy flashing!

I just successfully did a fresh install of @ronnz98’s /e/OS and documented all the steps as follows:

db reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recocery.img

Now reboot into e-Recovery to verify the installation. Do not reboot into the existing OS, since it will overwrite the recovery you just installed!

With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. Keep holding both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release.

If you are in e-Recovery … tap Wipe

Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.

On the device, select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload.

On the host machine, sideload the package using:

Once you have installed successfully, run ‘adb reboot’
or

Happy flashing :crossed_fingers:

Something isn’t add up here. Had Lineage OS on the phone, worked okay. I turned the phone off, went into fastboot mode, flashed the /e/OS 1.18 zip’s eRecovery, then booted into it. It says version 1.18 (20231216).

Here comes the strange thing, i have no Wipe option, only Factory reset. Inside of Factory reset, there’s Fromat data/factory reset. Even though it’s named differently, it should make the exact same thing.

Continuing with the guide, you say to enter into the Advanced menu, and there ADB sideload. I have no such thing in Advanced, but i have Enable ADB. This does not allow sideload, if I want that, I have to choose Apply update, them Apply from ADB. There’s no sliders, the sideload starts automaticly. If I try to sideload /e/OS 1.18, the same exact error happens from my first post. At this point, there’s no reason to run adb reboot, since I don’t have an OS on my phone anymore.

Hmm, what strange things there are. Please try another Recevery called OrangeFox

If that doesn’t work either, I would flash back to Stock Android so that all partitions are back to the original version. Then install /e/OS by @ronnz98 fresh & clean.

OrangeFox straight up refuses to flash anything that have dynamic partitions, since it’s incompatible with it. Tmorrow, I will reflash the whole thing with the latest MIUI, and start again.

Who knows what went on in the device after you installed various custom ROMs.

I would now flash back to Stock Android so that all partitions are back to the original version. Then install /e/OS by @ronnz98 fresh & clean.

I just installed successfully /e/OS-T V1.18 on a Xiaomi Mi 8 (dipper). The installation steps are identical to ‘raphael’.

Wait a minute. Did you ever tried to flash this specific /e/OS ROM to an actual Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro?

@DarStav, I am sincerely sorry for providing wrong information. I confused the Xiaomi Mi 9T (davinci) with the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (raphael).

@ronnz98’s ‘raphael’ ROM installation is canceled with the error message:
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1

No worries, you just wanted to help, and I’m glad for that. In the meantime, I just finished the complete stock MIUI reflash and gave /e/OS another try after that. The result is the same as always, and I’m 100% sure I did everything right, and my phone is working perfectly. Otherwise I couldn’t install any dynamic partitioned ROM, since each of them uses the same method for installation.