[UNOFFICIAL BUILDS] Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra for eOS R and eOS S

So, i tried the rom for… ~5 days, and i can say that it works perfectly.
Had no problems with stability, no overheating, the battery lasts ~9 hours (~5 hours on OneUi), so, a huge improvement.
Even the performances are really good, i even tried with heavy games, and they work better.
All the cameras works, all the sensors, Bluetooth calls, android never crashed.
It’s really good, probably the best ROM i ever used

2 Likes

I noticed a bug while trying to configure another fingerprint, when i try to add it, it just says “Impossible to configure the fingerprint”

thanks for the roms @ronnz98 !

for anyone else who gets this working on S20+, could you please confirm if fingerprints are working?.

EDIT:
Issues I had on the y2s (S20+)

1. could not change screen lock type and register fingerprints. error msg “The screen lock type was already changed. Try again with the new screen lock.”
  2. Camera was not available. error message “Failed to Open Camera. Check if Camera is in use by another application. ID:0”

EDIT 2: the eOS 1.19 R version works fine… the issue is only with the S version
Ph: SM-G985 (S20+, Exynos)

Tested LineageOS 19.1 and it works fine on the phone

@ronnz98 do you mind sharing what process you are following to compile the ROMs?
its been a whlie to when I last did it, and i was using the builde.sh script. I assume it would be a little dated now.

Yes sure. I wrote some time ago two how-to’s for Lineage unsupported and supported devices. I prefer the repo way, but I suppose the builds can be adapted quite easily using docker.

1 Like

awesome, you’re a rockstar!

1 Like

hmm… rebuilding the image with the latest e1.20s still has the same issue.
I think i might have found the problem.
I picked the latest Android 12 stock rom from Samsung to flash my phone before flashing the eOS vs 1.19s.
but reading through the LineageOS 19.1 forums for the device, I believe the firmware the devs used was a bit older (screenshot below).

Currently downloading this XXUDEVA9 firmware. will report back if that resolves the issue.

no luck attempting to downgrade, I guess the boot loader version is different.
Also, I just realised, the issue is not with the mismatch on the stock ROM and eOS, since LineageOS 19.1 is working absolutely fine with the same stock firmware.
I guess I’m not as informed on the tech side of this to troubleshoot and resolve the issue, will stick with eOS R (android 11) for now

For testing purpose only, I found sources for Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra for Android 13. Please test:

e-1.20-t-20240316-UNOFFICIAL-z3s.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-1.20-t-20240316-UNOFFICIAL-z3s.zip/download

i tried, it doesn’t work, I guess?

Thanks for you feedback. The S version does work though, or?

Can you please try this version:

e-1.20-t-20240317-UNOFFICIAL-FFVH7-z3s
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-1.20-t-20240317-UNOFFICIAL-FFVH7-z3s.zip/download

I’m going to try. sorry for the late feedback ahah

it’s still not working… maybe because I received the March security update?

Yes, your current Android is newer that the builds I made (Feb security updates)

How can i flash your on s20+ with february update?

1.21 builds will include February updates. But für S20+ there is R and S builds only

Hey!!
Will you update /e/OS for the x1s?
It’s the most stable rom that i tried, and some new features that i saw on the S4 official build would be nice (Just the update to /e/OS 1.21, with all the security patches)
Anyway, keep up the good work!