[UNOFFICIAL BUILDS] Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE (gts3llte, SM-T825)] / Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 WiFi (gts3lwifi, SM-T820)] for eOS S

Update e-2.3-s-20240822-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip by @ronnz98

Successful new installation aka clean install

With the first boot the screen greets you …

After x Close app the (empty) /e/ standard wallpaper is displayed without any characters.

After the system is set up, I installed the OpenLauncher activated it as Home app (Yes). This quiets the BlissLauncher for the time being, but the message “BlissLauncher keeps stopping” pops up again and again at regular intervals, so I deactivated it completely via adb shell pm disable foundation.e.blisslauncher

I’ve now customized the OpenLauncher a tiny bit (screenshot): Murena
The OpenLauncher is not a BlissLauncher, but the overall result is much better than with system startup and I can get comfortable with it.

@ronnz98, thank you for building this ROM.

1 Like

Updates for /e/OS-S 2.3:

e-2.3-s-20240822-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip

e-2.3-s-20240822-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip

Successful new installation aka clean install

The BlissLauncher problem is identical to the one described above (gts3llte):

With the first boot the screen greets you …

BlissLauncher keeps stopping

Device Wi-Fi MAC adress: 00:a0:c6:5c:d8

How did you install the OpenLauncher?

Ok, could do it now, one need to swipe to times from top to button to go to the settings. There one can install f-droid and the open launcher app.

However if I run
adb shell pm disable foundation.e.blisslauncher

Exception occurred while executing ‘disable’:
java.lang.SecurityException: Shell cannot change component state for foundation.e.blisslauncher/null to 2
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.setEnabledSetting(PackageManagerService.java:24283)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.setApplicationEnabledSetting(PackageManagerService.java:24079)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runSetEnabledSetting(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:2194)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:240)
at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:24948)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:950)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:834)
at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4818)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:8937)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1184)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1143)
(base) ronnz@ronnz-mint:~/Downloads$

1st - in Settings
  • Developer options
  • USB debugging [ enable ]
  • Rooted debugging [ enable ]
2nd - Install OpenLauncher and declare it as Home app (Yes)

2nd - Install OpenLauncher and declare it as Home app (Yes) - IMPORTANT :exclamation:

• via F-Droid Store
  • or
  • adb install org.fdroid.fdroid_1021000.apk
3rd - PC terminal
  • adb devices
  • adb root
  • adb shell mount -o rw
  • adb shell pm disable foundation.e.blisslauncher
  • adb shell remount
  • adb unroot
  • adb reboot

:speaking_head: Done!