[UNOFFICIAL] HTC 10 (PME) Pie

All fine now :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the android 10 version if your time allows - later this year.

I saw already some Linage OS versions popping up

best regards,

Great work ! Thank you Sir.

Hi @pintaf,

how are you doing?
As i am using the paid microsoft service of one drive as well as /e/, i see the current Microg is creating issues with the app. A gmscore update via the /e/ app store (in the category system apps) however crashes all the time.
Thus i am looking for another option to update the microg GMSCore to the newest version.
I tried nanodroid etc but i can not get it to work. any recommendation or link for me to learn and check is appreciated.

Best regards,

No clue.
And it’ll take me more time to answer you properly than to build an updated version.
It’s good timing since V1 is out since a few days.
I’ll post the zip here when it’s done.

ahahah, honestly? It is easier to built a new zip than to teach me? Wow, that makes me think what a beginner i am :slight_smile:

Honestly, i have no trouble in reading documents or instructions. However again i appreciate your kind and great effort to do all this.

Merci beaucoup,

Normally I just have to issue a command and it build, since I kept all the setup in place, so yes usually it’s easier.
However, at the moment, it is not working as expected, so I’ll have to dig why it is not working.

I don’t know if GMSCore is released as an apk, but if yes, you could try to connect to your phone via adb and try to push the apk.
but I never did it. It would take time to explain you because I would have to take time to learn how to do it myself since I never updated GMSCore like that.

Cheers

i tried it and so far no success but an apk is available.

Thus i tried the easy way to update it via the /e/ store where you can normally simply download it under system apps. I also have a redmi 4x and there it works fine when updating it in the shop. Alas it does not work with your recent unofficial release (yet) for the HTC 10.

best regards,

Hi @pintaf ,

just to add as further info, i also tried it now via the microg F-droid repo and the same issue. It simply does not install/update the core.

best regards,

I was finally able to build it:
https://mega.nz/file/6ZwwgboB#STuL4mdwsSEXStXWD5Sv7yGUI30zvwLFdCX1CFNlodc

Hopping it solves your problem

1 Like

@marcih83 does this new build solve your problems ?

Hi @pintaf,

thanks a lot! I will test it today ad let you know:)

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Hi @pintaf,

thanks again for the support.

• One drive is now working as microg is updated:)
  • Alas i can still not update microg through the “/e/ App store” . It makes the store crash immediately as before.
  • Further the phone seems to have wifi issues as i had 2 wifi bug reports today. It connects directly again but still this seems odd.
  • Also - just a feeling - it seems to drain battery quicker compared to before. is there something running in the background maybe?

I tried Linage OS in the meantime and it seems to be less intense and also a bit “quicker” somehow. can this be?

Anyhow, this is not negative at all, i am happy to be able to use the HTC 10 again :slight_smile:

Thanks again and best regards,

I believe all these issues come from the current status of /e/.
no modifications from my side.
I had to build the current code status, because latest stable version was not working.
When they release v1 officially, I’ll build pie and q variants

1 Like

Hi,

ok great. Thanks a lot.
I will cross my fingers for v1 :slight_smile: and of course your unofficial release!

Best regards,

Hi.

I made a new build, v0.19.3-r so android 11.

I haven’t tested it yet, so once I do and find it working well, I’ll share the rom here.
This is for reference and for the ones wanting to build for themselves:

manifest used:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="raul-16/android_device_htc_pme" path="device/htc/pme" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="raul-16/android_kernel_htc_msm8996-caf" path="kernel/htc/msm8996" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="raul-16/proprietary_vendor_htc" path="vendor/htc" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
</manifest>

Command used:

sudo docker run \
-v "/mnt/disk/e/src:/srv/src" \
-v "/mnt/disk/e/zips:/srv/zips" \
-v "/mnt/disk/e/logs:/srv/logs" \
-v "/mnt/disk/e/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
-v "/mnt/disk/e/manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
-e "BRANCH_NAME=refs/tags/v0.19.3-r" \
-e "DEVICE_LIST=pme" \
-e "INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=false" \
-e "REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git" \
registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community
1 Like

So, I was able to flash it.
It seems to work fairly well.
First boot is really long, be patient.
Here is the link:

1 Like

Thanks for the great work. I tried your ROM but it doesn’t recognize the SIM card. Maybe in a later build it will be possible to correct this.