[UNOFFICIAL Oreo & CUSTOM Pie BUILD] Google Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Device info https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hammerhead
Rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=299647
Please note that MuPDF,MagicEarth,Browser,LibreOfficeViewer apps have been removed from PIE build due to limited image size available on your device.

Please Note: This is an Untested build. Please try at your own risk.

2 Likes

Bonjour,

J’ai testé les deux versions proposées : Oreo et Pie.

• Pie ne fonctionne pas. Le téléphone reste figé sur le logo Google

• Oreo fonctionne parfaitement.

Je peux tester une nouvelle compilation de Pie si besoin.

Hello,

I tested the two versions proposed: Oreo and Pie.

• Pie doesn’t work. The phone remains fixed on the Google logo

• Oreo works perfectly.

I can test a new compilation of Pie if necessary.

1 Like

I like this ROM a lot better than the official Nexus 5 /e/ build. I’d offer to maintain it if I had any idea what that actually involved.

1 Like

Hi @Unknown,

that’s a really nice build. Oreo build works great! As I am very interested in helping with supporting this device and upgrading /e/ I would be pleased if you could provide me some information and links to your build files for this image.

Thanks for the great work!

Mickey

hi @Mickey you can check the list of unofficial builds here

1 Like

I made an update for this device, enjoy :slight_smile: :
(Yes it’s on nougat because it’s the last version officially supported by LineageOS for this device, so now we are almost sure to have at least one version working very well.)

e-0.9-n-20200709-CUSTOM-hammerhead.zip
TWRP : https://dl.twrp.me/hammerhead/

Note : this is a custom build and not an unofficial build because the system partition is too small to have all the system apps in it.
LibreOffice Viewer has been removed. Hopefully, you can easily download this app thanks to the built-in /e/ Apps Installer. Search for “LibreOffice Viewer” and install it. The only difference is that it will be a user app instead of a system app and that the icon will be visible on the homescreen instead of being hidden.

Don’t forget to backup and share your experience, thanks :wink:

1 Like

Great @Anonyme,

thanks for your effort. Running the Oreo branch right now but great to have this working image. Will probably give it a try soon :slight_smile:

Hello, since your last message, did you get any idea of how to maintain a ROM?

1 Like

Hi Anonyme,
Thank you for creating the custom ROM. I’ve installed it, but the version of Android still says 7. Is this expected? Or did it not work correctly?
Many thanks,
JC

Hi @Mickey,
I know it’s been a while ago but if you still had the oreo rom (zip file), I’d appreciate it if you could upload it somewhere for me to download. Unfortunately, on androidfilehost.com only the pie build is available but that doesn’t boot into the os just stuck on the boot logo.
Thanks.

Only founded

0.7-p-unofficial e-0.7-p-20190924-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip | by unknownanonymous for Nexus 5

0.9-n-custom e-0.9-n-20200709-CUSTOM-hammerhead.zip | ROM by Anonyme for Nexus 5

0.17-n-dev e-0.17-n-20210601117698-dev-hammerhead.zip | by /e/ OS for /e/OS supported models

Official /e/ image ROM download, today latest is
e-0.19-n-20211023142427-dev-hammerhead.zip

Hi @piero,
Thank you for looking into this for me.
Yeah, I’ve also found and tried those. The “n” one (Android Nougat, version 7.1.2) works fine and the “p” one (Android Pie, version 9) is stuck on the boot logo. I’d like to know whether the screen mirroring via slim port and HDMI works on the Oreo build. (I’ve tried the available lineage 17.1 and 16.0 roms but HDMI doesn’t work on them.)

You can connect you phone to a computer using scrcpy, and then use the computer HDMI output.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Although, if I connect my computer to the TV with HDMI, I don’t need the phone at all, do I? :slight_smile: No, I don’t want to connect the phone to a PC, then connect the PC to the TV. I want directly connect the phone to the TV. This works fine on the ‘n’ (Android Nougat, version 7.1.2) build but I need the Oreo one.

The pocket computer device (smartphone) could be more powerfull than the Personal Computer

Some apps are not available on PC (newpipe)

scrcpy can work over WiFi or using USB

Phone interface is more handly

Unfortunately I do not have the zip anymore :confused:

1 Like

For me connecting the phone to a monitor using a HDMI slimport cable worked.

I expected that, no worries. :slight_smile:

With what rom have you tested that?

I’m pretty sure the Oreo one