Update issue Redmi Note 8T

Good Morning Community,

i am a new user with /e/ and using the smartphone just for a few weeks. I installed the new phone with e in version 0.15-20210311105636 by following the manual posted on /e/ device pages without having problems.

Now i tried to install the first update ever which is named 0.16-20210415110657. After Download (which seemed to be working correctly) and clicking on install, the phone reboots as usual and directly into /e/ without installing an update. No error message, no noticeable problems appeared.

Is there something i can look for, what may cause this behaviour? Or does anybody else maybe facing the same issue?

Sry if i missed posting helpful informations, just give me a hint and i will post it afterwards.

cheers
El-Barto

Do you have TWRP installed on your device ? If yes you can try manually installing this build by going into the TWRP screen >> advanced >> File manager here browse to data/ lineageos_updates and the downloaded file should be here. Try to manually install it from here.
I know this is just a workaround…it works in case the file has been downloaded.
Will pass on this info to the ROM Maintainer to check.

1 Like

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your reply.
I don´t have TWRP so far, using mi recovery 3.0. But i can try that and provide a feedback.

Would be great to know, if that is an individual behaviour especially on my phone or in general.

cheers
El-Barto

This behavior was noted on some other devices as well …the team has not identified the root cause as yet.

1 Like

Ok thanks, good to know.
Update via TWRP worked fine so far. It´s not that bad for a workaround, the more i do, the more i learn. :slight_smile: