Updater (settings) crashes

Dear all,

I have the problem that my updater (within settings) just always crashes whenever I open it. I go to settings - > updater, it shows the correct screen for a microsecond and then closes the window. All other settings work fine.

I restarted the phone several times and also forced the updater app to stop. No positive effect but still the same. I am afraid I don’t know how to install updates anymore (so far a smooth process always).

Any hint /idea or help would be highly appreciated!

I am on FP3 with /e/os: 1.14-rc-s-20230810319066-stable-FP3

Thanks!

Marciano

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

You might try

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Updater > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

Posting information on test builds

• Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.
  • These builds are as yet untested and under development and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.
  • Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.
  • Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds
  • If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team
  • As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.
    [/quote]