Urgent help asked: 4G Internet stopped working on Fairphone 3 with e/OS

Last night 4G Internet connection stopped working on Fairphone 3 with e/OS. I did not change any settings. Wifi connection is okay. I did the upgrade to e/OS 1.5 in the hope that would solve the problem but is does not. I have two different simcards from two different providers, both not working.

Thank you and have a good day

Update: I have solved the problem changing adding new settings to the “Names accespoint” setting.
KPN Names accespoints

The question remains why did it stop working all of a sudden in the first place?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

whats your exact version? as in “1.5-r-202210…”, see [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

(There weren’t KPN related apns-conf.xml changes between R and S, so I wonder)

options currently with APN are not like what is recommended in the help dialog KPN guides you through:

current

<apn carrier="KPN 4G LTE" mcc="204" mnc="08" apn="KPN4G.nl" mmsc="http://mp.mobiel.kpn/mmsc" mmsproxy="10.10.100.20" mmsport="5080" type="default,supl,mms" />
<apn carrier="KPN Mobiel Internet" mcc="204" mnc="08" apn="portalmmm.nl" proxy="" port="" user="" password="" mmsc="http://mp.mobiel.kpn/mmsc" mmsproxy="10.10.100.20" mmsport="5080" type="*" />

help dialog on KPN:

<apn carrier="KPN Mobiel Internet" mcc="204" mnc="08" apn="internet" type="default,supl"  />

I wouldn’t think so, but they might have dumped kpn4g.nl and portalmmm.nl

(I wasn’t aware that Ortel and Simyo belong to KPN btw, and Youfone, Telfort, AH, Lebara branded simcard in NL go with the same mcc/mnc, so if there are apn changes at the carrier those look at problems too)

Thank you very much @tcecyk. These settings go way above my head. So I just followed the instructions from the link I posted. It does work now. On the phone screen it does say 4G+ in stead of 4G.

no, apn name has no influence on transmit power. What is written as 4G and 4G+ is carrier choice. They could write 7G if they want just for fun

Ha ha thanx a lot . You have to watch out these days, I think. These attacks come from all directions at the same time cause they do give a F about our health. Excusez le mot…

well, main damage sure is behaviorally, not foremost in tissue heating at the wrong places. Second order effects started as early as 3G with myopia, stiff neck and less going outside :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

I “upgraded” (reinstalled) my FP3 last weekend from Android 9 to 11 ( IMG-e-1.5-r-20221028230215-stable-FP3.zip) and lost my internet connection to KPN. The link in the OP helped me to get access to mobile data again.

Please don’t post links to random crackpot web sites.

Having taken the bait and clicked on the link, I can tell others there is nothing there worth reading. A bunch of pseudo-scientific nonsense, designed to sell a book of nonsense to gullible people.

1 Like

I flagged your post as off-topic.

Links to conspiracy theory websites are never useful :slight_smile:

Congratulations - you’ve driven me to the ‘Ignore user’ button for the first time this year. Goodbye

1 Like