User CA certificate not working for home assistant

Is there a way to get the app to read CA certificates? The same certificate works on other devices but not e os.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I’d guess home-assistant has an option to accept user supplied ca-certs? checkout Since the last Update 21062021 the own ca-certificates are not trusted anymore - #10 by tcecyk if the links help in anway way

It is supposed to be there by default. I’ve looked its permission through the app manager (the one that gives lot of details), I haven’t found anything about certificates. There’s no setting within the app that is about settings without being connected.

I still haven’t been able to solve this problem. My certificate works on other devices (LOS) but not on /e/ os.

Hi @deepreef11

I’m also facing the same problem with no solution yet. When testing with LOS or LOS with microG this Problem doesn’t exist there.
It seems that in /e/OS the self installed CA certificates are not trusted by 3rd Party apps. Besides Homeassistant also Firefox doesn’t trust ist. But the /e/OS internal browser seems to trust them. So it’s weired but not related to the apps itself nor the installed CA certificate.
I raised this questions some months ago but couldn’t find any helping solution or workaround.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.