Video stabilization - /e/ OS camera app on Fairphone 4

Is it possible to get image stabilization for video recording?

I’m using the default camera app on /e/ OS. In the app I took a video, toggled “Video settings…” :arrow_right: “Enable digital video stabilization”, then took another video. It didn’t appear to have any effect.

I’ve got a Murena Fairphone 4 running the latest stable /e/ OS (1.14 from Aug 16, 2023).

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

In lieu of that, how about if we just wrote down limitations and alternatives to the default /e/ OS camera app (by device, ideally)? I’m happy to start writing this up if I can get a bit of help understanding the limitations (especially by device—I only have one). I’m sure I can find alternatives on my own.

So far I’ve found what I wrote about above, and also that slo-mo doesn’t work (or I can’t figure it out).

Maybe we could put this in a README in https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/camera ? Oh, and we should include benefits as well, even the awesome and obvious ones (like how it is FOSS, privacy-friendly, etc).

I applied the 1.15 update and tried creating another video with the same app. Seems better to me. Yay!

I’m still interested in slo-mo and documenting limitations and alternatives. We can continue that discussion in another topic if that is preferred.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.