VOIP with number for personal use

I’m looking at an option to be able to make and receive calls without a SIM card. I used to have a Skype phone number a long time ago. No longer a Skype user, I am looking at a non invasive android alternative. This should be a solution that is available in Thailand and suitable for personal use. (I have found a couple of solutions online for the US and business).

Any suggestion?

There are various solutions out there. Here just 2 that I know:

• Localphone.com - They offer various VOIP features, one if them is an incoming number. All services are pretty fairly priced.
  • The other one is called Satellite.me, it is an incoming and outgoing full-featured phone number that is not SIM based but app based. 2 downsides: It is a Germany-based company, so out of the box you get a free German landline number but I think you could add-on other ones by now. And the other one is that the app requires Google Play Services and currently does not work with /e/ - unfortunately.

Hope that brings you a little step forward.

1 Like

Thanks I just discovered Phoner too, but then again they don’t offer a numbers for my country :\

Localphone offers incoming numbers from Thailand. I just checked.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Let me try that out.

But localphone require a phone number to sign up. I’m going round in circles here :rofl:

What about a straight SIP provider like voip.ms? You can add a SIP account in the native /e/ dialer app under settings, so it would behave like a normal phone with the standard dialer.

1 Like