Was working fine, now on boots to Teamwin asking for password

Hi,

I had been enjoying my phone, (with a few problems here and there), but turning on my S9 yesterday, it started booting up with the Samsung screen, screen went off, phone rebooted again into Samsung screen, then went to Teamwin asking for a password. I don´t remember setting a password (do we set on in the easy installer, I don´t remember), I tried my screenlock pin but no luck.

What do I need to do to get my phone working?

Thanks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

When TWRP is asking for a password, it means that TWRP sees the data partition of the device as encrypted and asks for the password to decrypt it.
The password or PIN is the same as the one for your screen lock, but TWRP support for encryption is not guaranteed, so it depends on the device whether decryption in TWRP actually works.

This happens when TWRP is unable to decrypt, but you can simply choose “Cancel” at this prompt to continue without decrypting. The encrypted data partition will then be unavailable in TWRP.

I don’t know.
How’s the battery level? It’s visible in TWRP, too.
Perhaps turn the phone off completely, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.

If you bought the phone from the e foundation, you could contact support … https://esolutions.shop/support/.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. After selecting cancel, is there anything I can do within TWRP to get the phone to boot up?

You can turn the phone off or reboot it in the Reboot menu in TWRP.

If the question is if you could repair something in TWRP, users with Samsung expertise would be of more help, I guess. I have no idea what could be wrong at the moment.

1 Like

I tried Reboot, system and the phone boots to the Android decrypt screen, then to e. Then went back to TWRP, tried again and it worked.

Thank goodness.

I look forward to the day we have an easy backup tool, so I don´t lose everything, if something goes wrong:

You can certainly blame Android for not making it easy to backup locally, but losing everything would be on you. There are some possibilities to at least not lose everything.

You can copy the Internal Storage to a computer via USB without any special tool for a start.
If you have a Windows computer in sight, you might want to take a look at MyPhoneExplorer. It covers contacts, messages, calendar etc., it can copy the whole Internal Storage, too, all in one easy go (once configured).

1 Like

I back up my files, I have manually listed on my computer all the apps I use (and which app store they are on), I have noted phone settings, tracker control and app settings, but obviously going to the right app store for each app and redownloading takes time, sorting apps into folders takes time, changing the phone settings, tracker control and all app settings takes time, etc.

I have written my own manual of all I have done, especially where problems arise and how they were resolved.

A nice global back up of the phone (like the iPhones iTunes backup), would be great, so if there is a problem with the OS, or the hardware, it would be easy to get back to work, rather than waste a day or 2 manually restoring a phone.

1 Like

Ah, I misunderstood then.

Yeah, that would be nice. If something resembling that ever comes, it will be hailed as a huge achievement (and rightly so). Nobody will talk about that early smartphones of course had this and made no big deal out of it (e.g. Symbian phones via Nokia Suite).

I contacted the company who produce iMazing, (a great app for doing many things on your iPhone including full backup), but unfortunately, they have no plan to introduce an Android version. Shame.