Weather app - location issue?

The weather app says my location is “London, United States” (?!?). The country is right, but there’s no “London” anywhere near where I am.

I think I’ve enabled it to get location information, maybe someone can suggest something I can check?

For what it’s worth, the Maps app is using GPS and seems to show my location accurate to about 10m.

Every /e/ user has London as default weather location. You have to change it manually I think. (I don’t use Weather).

I don’t even see a way to set the location manually in Weather. It can determine location automatically, but that just gives me London, United States, wherever that is :confused:

Strange, too, that tapping on the Weather widget (which has the correct location and credible weather) brings up the Weather app (London, and weather is not the same, not consistent with other sources of forecast).

I just checked in application settings, and the Weather app has permission to use location. Strange.

In Weather, on the top right you have a Location button, and a search button to search for a location.

I don’t use the /e/ Weather App, but I can confirm this to some extent.

The Weather App will accept a manually selected location (via the search icon in the top right corner), and it will use the live location according to what’s set in the settings … but the city name is always “London”, even if the city district following that is clearly from my city, and even if what is given as the weather is plausible for my place.

There was an issue filed here, but it is closed … https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/298.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.