Web browser from US bring stuff from Germany!

Any time I am searching for an item , the browser bring stuff from Germany. How do I resolve this issue?
Appreciate the help. Thanks
MR

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Default browser?
Did you check browser-settings → content languages?
Any vpn or other redirection services active?
Search engine settings maybe?

1 Like

No VPN. All set to English. Search engine is DuckDuckGo . I use the browser that is part of e/os, also have installed Thor browser.
Also the Google opens up all in German asking for the account information. I did not load Google App, it is what was loaded when I got the phone…

Hi @Mehdi. Please can you clarify?

Murena? self installed? did the phone have a history?

The best way to share your device and build is

Settings > About phone > Android version > /e/ version > Long press, will copy to clipboard.

1 Like

Bought the phone with degoogled e/OS installed already.
The Andriof version is 1. 1-r-20220627199800-stable-emerald
Based version MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V153.7

This sounds really irregular. As a purchased phone I think you should ask helpdesk@e.email.

1 Like

Is it possible that during initial setup, someone selected Language: English / Region: Germany?

Or is the browser set to the (incorrect) region/language? (For instance, if someone in Germany previously responded “yes” to a browser popup that wanted location.)

2 Likes

No, I have already checked. All set up for English.

Do you have “hide my IP” selected in the advanced privacy settings? This routes the phones internet traffic through tor.

3 Likes

That was it. Thanks much. It seams all okay now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.