Web email, no linefeeds

Greetings.

I’m running /e/OS 2.1-s-20240603406609-stable-emerald on my Murena Teracube 2e Emerald phone, but there’s no problem there.

The problem is with the web interface for email:
https://murena.io/apps/snappymail/

It used to work just fine (it was a bit glitchy on the formatting, like making a single word bold would bold the entire line (then unbolding the line and trying a second time to bold just the single word would work just fine), or deleting a blank line would move one line of text above another… but overall it works.

Now, though, something has changed… the email looks OK in the web interface when creating an email, but after it’s sent, if one looks in the Sent folder and views the just-sent email, it shows that there are no blank lines between paragraphs, no matter how many blank lines one puts in (I’ve tried anywhere from 1 to 5 blank lines, they’re all removed).

I’m betting the line feeds aren’t getting stripped out upon sending, I’m betting they never get entered into the DOM so they’re saved… once the email gets sent, those line feeds vanish.

I haven’t changed anything on my end except for the usual updates to my OS (Zorin Linux). My browser (SRWare Iron, latest version… basically Chrome with the phone-home corporate spyware neutered) hasn’t changed since the problem started occurring.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

Hi,

Confirmed here (Waterfox, Windows).

SnappyMail dev seems to be aware of that: Multiple line breaks are not displayed · Issue #1666 · the-djmaze/snappymail · GitHub.
Just have to wait for a release with the fixing commit!