Week 01, 2022: Development and Testing Updates

Which device is this?

Thanks @Manoj. An whatare the problems with the nougat builds? (Asking because I am working on an unofficial nougat build* for which Iā€™m currently using the v0.19-nougat tag, and Iā€™d rather pick up something more recent if it wont cause too many problems.

* For Galaxy Tab 2 espressowifi

Hi Pete, I have updated the issues with both nougat and R builds in the main post. Some issues may be marked confidential by the person raising it and may not be visible to all.

1 Like

Thanks

The first issue appears to be confidential, as I get a 404 error when I click on the link. Please can you tell me whether this is a device-specific issue, or whether it is likely to affect all devices?

It is the Samsung S9 that is sold on the esolutions web site (currently running 0.19). It still says there there are no updates available when I manually check if any upgrades are available.

It is specific to s7 herolte and microg

1 Like

Hi @Manoj !

Thanks for your weekly reviews that are awesome and accessible for non-tech people.

As I understand easily why there is no plan for further OS OTA upgrade yet, I personally keep my :crossed_fingers: for the FP3/FP3+ as the next chosen one! Keep us up to date regarding the next device chosenā€¦

Otherwise, Happy 2022 to everybody

4 Likes

Still no ā€œaviciiā€ on R :disappointed:

Avicii is not ported to R as yet. This will require development effort. Will request the team to allocate a resource on this. Do not see this happening immediately :frowning:

What happens regarding microG and apps that claims my device being rooted?
Is it really a realistic scenario to see this solved?

I fully appreciate the fact that you and your team of developers are doing a heroic job to keep up with countless problems.

Current image works beautifully except the silly rooted issue.

Please give me something to go on or at least suggest a work around.

1 Like

I think this will depend a lot on the app - but for a very general view, it is probably down to the app construction that you see an ā€œinaccurateā€ message such as ā€œyour device is rootedā€. The app would seem to be relying on a Google ecosystem, so when something does not match it just makes a random complaint which might cover a common situation. Most apps are built within the Google system, so a developer would have to make a decisive move to disallow the effective Google ā€œdependencyā€.

Long term, perhaps complaints about this to app owners would have an effect. A template with a rather better explanation than mine might help more people to make such complaints!

1 Like