Week 03 2024: Development and Testing Updates

Thanks @AnotherElk, but still I don’t understand why the build is available for manual installation if the official message is to wait for 1.20 because all tests have not been made yet.

2 Likes

Ah, I see, this isn’t about OTA upgrades at all. I wondered, as an OTA upgrade to T isn’t even mentioned yet for the Fairphone 4.

Indeed. @Manoj … is 1.19.1-t-20240109372021-stable-FP4 an intentional release?
(The “S stable” link in https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP4/install would need to be updated in this case, too.)

2 Likes

Let me check with the team and get back if the fixes and testing was completed ahead of time.

1 Like

FP4 Users Pl DO NOT DOWNLOAD the stable /e/OS T v1.19.1 build showing up on the updater or images server.
There is an issue due to which the build is showing up. I am checking with the team to remove this build from the server.
Pl wait for further updates regarding this build for the FP4

21 Jan Update
The build was visible for a short period due to an incorrect publish. The build has now been removed.
We will release the /e/OS T stable build for FP4 along with v1.20 as previously announced.
The ETA is February mid

5 Likes

Unfortunately I have already installed doe 19.1 on my FP4…but so far it works? What kind of problems should I expect? And then I have another concern…the calendar works so far, but every time I click on the search it closes…this has been the case for several versions…is this known? Will this be corrected? FYI…on the Samsung S7 the same calendar does not cause any problems.

The team had not merged their fixes to the v1.19.1 FP4 stable T build. Which effectively means the code base should be the same as the previous build. As mentioned earlier, there was an error on the server publish, which resulted in the build being displayed as available. Now the team has removed the image for v1.19.1. Sorry for the confusion. We will merge the changes and publish the v1.20 FP4 stable T build post a successful testing.

2 Likes

Thank you.
Are you aware of the problem with the calendar?

Is this issue similar to what has been reported here
Pl note this thread will be closed you can share your comments in the next update thread or on the link shared in the above statement

1 Like