Week 08. 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Build Releases

v0.22

• QA and community testing in progress. Some builds failed. Team had to rerun them.
  • For a list of issues and updates that will be coming as part of v0.22 please check this link
  • Some issues will be marked as confidential and not be visible to all users

Update 23 Feb

• Q and Pie builds released
  • Check the release notes here
  • Team working on other OS version releases

v 0.21

• Some devices for which the builds failed are being moved to v0.22
  • Expect to release this week
  • v0.21-oreo
  • v0.21-nougat
  • Release notes available here

:information_source: Difference between the dev, test and stable builds read this guide

OS Upgrade

S9 / S9+

• Release was sent out to all users.
  • Some issues have been reported by some of the users who got the upgrades…this has been shared with the dev team and will be investigated and resolved.

:crossed_fingers: Hope to build up on the learning from this exercise to develop upgrade builds for other devices. First preference would be devices we sell on the eSolutions Shop. No ETAs as of now for this activity.

GSI

The GSI build issues have been fixed and v0.22 should be released soon.

Development Activity

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive refactoring
  • Updating Applications where forked
  • Comprehensive updates to the AppStore
  • EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS builds of s9/s9+

This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase.

Device Specific Announcements

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290
We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e
Users, please be aware that as of now the 2e is only compatible with Android 10 or /e/ Q build. This information is also shared on the 2e forum and on the /e/ install guide

• While these issues are getting resolved, we have removed the 2e from the list of devices supported on the EasyInstaller

:crossed_fingers: Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available.

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

This post will be updated through the week

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

20 Likes

I still hope so.
:pray: :innocent:

Hi, I downloaded 0.22 OTA this morning for MIDO.
Download was completed but there didn’t come Install button as usual.

Can someone say where does /e/ os saves its OTA updates? so that i can install it manually.

Thanks

When a new version is released it is available in the install docs for your device.

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/mido/

1 Like

It is hidden in the file system on the phone at (I think `data/lineageos-updates/.

There is an ‘Export’ function in the Updater App, which by default will move it to a folder /LineageOS updates (in either internal or external storage)

2 Likes

Just upgraded my FP3 to 0.22-p-dev. Works good so far :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve updated my OnePlus 5 this morning to 0.22.
I now have an issue where the settings app/menu keeps crashing when I try to open the network and phone menu.
Quite annoying since I normally use my sim2 for data, but I cannot configure it now.

Any ideas?

you or someone did post the issue to the backlog, I extracted the exception - Regression: Network and Internet settings crash (#4956) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

Just update my galaxy S9 with version 0.22-q. Seems everything works well so far and even better since the sync with the document folder with /e/drive is now OK.

3 Likes

Thanks, this is indeed the same issue I have.
Searching for the specific function worked for configuring the right network for mobile data.

Looking forward to a definitive fix

Hello. I’m using a S9 and this week received a notification the 0.22 update was available. It was indeed listed in the sytemupdater. Back then I didn’t have time to perform that so cleared the notification. Today I wanted to update but it’s not listed in the systemupdater anymore. Refreshing doesn’t help. I did restart my phone yesterday. Not sure if that’s related. Fwiw currently on 20220124.103652 dev-keys,dev-release. Has it (temporarily) been removed?

We have put the build on hold due to this issue with dual sims. The dev team is checking this and will enable releases once we have a solution. Will update in these threads.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast response.

Hi, Q 0.22 stable version for OnePlus Nord is not available for now. No problem, just a question: if the R stable version will be available, will it be possible to update directly from the updater in the settings? Or will I have to do a fresh install? Thank you

Hello @sceriffo

‘stable’ OTA comes always couple days after it was released to ‘dev’, if nothing comes up.
Check here: https://images.ecloud.global/stable/avicii/
@Manoj Minor typo on the site. It says: “/e/ ROM latest dev build downloads” although it’s stable builds.

Regarding updating major version from Q to R, as of today you would need to do a fresh install. As mentioned above, major upgrades have been implemented for S9 and for other devices it will follow.

S9 / S9+

• Release was sent out to all users.
  • Some issues have been reported by some of the users who got the upgrades…this has been shared with the dev team and will be investigated and resolved.

:crossed_fingers: Hope to build up on the learning from this exercise to develop upgrade builds for other devices. First preference would be devices we sell on the eSolutions Shop . No ETAs as of now for this activity.

Ok sorry I didn’t know, I should read better. :grimacing: Thanks for the info! :+1:

I have asked the build team to correct this and there is an open issue around this. Will follow up with them to get this corrected.

1 Like

Can someone confirm whether this Ssmsung security issue has been fixed on phones running e/os, thanks