Week 10 2024: Development and Testing Updates

@Manoj App Lounge seems down on both my wife’s and my phone. The refresh session message keeps going on and on. Nothing suspicious on https://status.e.foundation/ though. Do you have any info from the team?

I still don’t see version 1.20 in the Updater on a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (gta4xlwifi).

The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of /e/OS to another (/e/OS-S to /e/OS-T), and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing /e/OS for the first time.

By the way: The big brother Lineage Android Distribution (LOS) expects stock firmware Android 13 to be installed on the tablet ‘gta4xlwifi’ for the installation of LOS 20.0 (~ /e/OS-T).

So if I wouldn’t follow updates here, I would never notice there is a newer version and just stop receiving any updates at all?

I don’t find an upgrade guide here. I guess I have to follow this guide with the respective /e/OS builds?

1 Like

As the needed parts of the upgraded stock firmware are expected to be included in /e/OS-T builds,
I understand, you simply have to download, reboot to recovery, and apply… to upgrade from “s” to “t”.

Just DON’T WIPE OR FORMAT ANYTHING (don’t apply “factory-reset”)
as explained at step (8) or (9) of the general guide i shared [HOWTO] an Unified Install Guide Project for /e/ - #4 by piero

1 Like

I can confirm this. The upgrade path was like this for me and it worked. Never forget to charge the phone in advance.

1 Like

AppLounge is working for me. I just checked. Tried downloading and installing and that worked as well. Are you still facing the issue?

No the problem is gone now. Thank you.

Yes, this was planned and is desirable, but has it definitely happened? Have I perhaps missed an official statement on this upgrade aspect? If so, please give me a link!

here is the content of the /e/.ZIP for the Galaxy Tab S6 lite wifi :

here is the content of the firmare folder include in the /e/.ZIP for the Galaxy Tab S6 lite wifi :

Geat Job LOS and /e/OS developpers and integraters !

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/gta4xlwifi/

I have a moto edge 20 pro and haven’t received the A13 update.
Do you confirm I have to upgrade manually?

Hmm, okay. Those who can read have a clear advantage :eyeglasses:
But the reader also needs to understand it.

By the way @piero it would also have been sufficient not to display your screenshots disproportionately to the explanatory text using “Hide Details”.

Pl note the next set of device to be added to the support list and the upgrade of existing devices to /e/OS T have been released as of today 4 March…

Thanks for the update! Unfortunately I cannot find the 1.20 T release for davinci (see here). Is it published somewhere else?

Thanks for pointing me to the right location :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing that out. Will ask the team to build and upload the /e/OS T dev build for the davinci.

[LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part II

Can you please also ask the e-Dev team to create and upload the /e/OS T dev build for the LG G5 ‘h850’

Available:

lineage-20.0-20240210-nightly-h850-signed.zip

lineage-21.0-20240302-nightly-h850-signed.zip

1 Like

@Manoj The unofficial version e-1.18-t kindly shared by @ronnz98 works really well, it would be wonderful to have an official update to the latest version.

2 Likes

Great news, it is finally going to happen. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The following dev /e/OS T builds which were missing in the initial release should be available now

1 Like

Yeah! Both /e/OS-T ROMs are online now(!) Thank you(!!)