Week 10 2024: Development and Testing Updates

[LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part II

Can you please also ask the e-Dev team to create and upload the /e/OS T dev build for the LG G5 ‘h850’

Available:

lineage-20.0-20240210-nightly-h850-signed.zip

lineage-21.0-20240302-nightly-h850-signed.zip

1 Like

@Manoj The unofficial version e-1.18-t kindly shared by @ronnz98 works really well, it would be wonderful to have an official update to the latest version.

2 Likes

Great news, it is finally going to happen. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The following dev /e/OS T builds which were missing in the initial release should be available now

1 Like

Yeah! Both /e/OS-T ROMs are online now(!) Thank you(!!)

I presume that FP4 is also going to T with 1.21, or am I missing something :thinking:

Certainly. I don’t see it in that first post here, but it was announced in the Development thread of last week or the week before.

Here it is, when you open the list you should be able to see it

@lapor

Tested and working fine. On h850 everything works correctly even when switching from unofficial e-1.18-t with a simple wipe cache.

Hi Manoj, thanks for the very fast fix :muscle: :tada:

With my two h850s, the transition from e-1.17-t-20231123-UNOFFICIAL-h850 and e-1.18-t-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-h850 by @ronnz98 did not work as it did for you. Each time after the update installation via adb sideload I received the message Install from adb completed with status 2. installation aborted.

Only when I installed the official e-Recovery recovery-e-1.20-t-20240222382228-dev-h850.img, the reinstallation was successful every time. Now working fine. Thank you, e-Dev-Team(!)

I also miss the 1.20 update for lisa.

The /e/OS T build has been released for the lisa

When a dev build checking via Supported devices for the command line Install page for the the device, then Downloads /e/OS build; open the /e/image ROM page https://images.ecloud.global/dev/pstar/ shows that an Android version upgrade is required (in this case e-1.19.1-s to e-1.20-t ) then a manual Upgrade is required.

Sorry, I missed the change from s to t version. I need to install it manually.

Thanks!

Yes the installation will have to be manual. Take a backup first of all you important data.

@Manoj can we give users any further guidance on whether all /e/OS T ROM are fully loaded with necessary vendor parts ?

We read back in August 2023

but now the advice is limited to

In order to verify that an /e/OS T build is “fully loaded” I have referred to that device’s LineageOD device page from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ → Upgrade page link, to check that no “return to Stock ROM” is mentioned there.

Before attempting such S → T upgrade over cautiously (?) after downloading the e-1.2x-t ROM I would extract as required [Footnote 1] to inspect the ROM.zip for good evidence of vendor parts.

Clearly the advice to

Take a backup first of all your important data.

is required.

Footnote 1

Referring to [Walkthrough] Extract eRecovery and boot images using payload-dumper-go

for this purpose the command can be simplified to

$ ./payload-dumper-go <your e ROM filename.zip>

Example satisfactory output from this advice

$ ./payload-dumper-go e-1.20-t-20240222382228-dev-enchilada.zip
Found partitions:
boot (67 MB), dtbo (8.4 MB), system (3.0 GB), vbmeta (8.2 kB), vendor (1.1 GB)

The builds are made automaticaly by running scripts. Additional partitions where required should be a part of the build. It would be helpful if the specific device build is mentioned where the partitions are missing.

1 Like

That was really easy. Thx

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.