• OS released

• R - dev
    • Q - dev
    • Pie - dev
  • OS Not released

• Oreo
    • Nougat
  • stable builds may be released early this coming week :crossed_fingers:
    Update 8 April Stable v0.23 builds released for GS290, starlte, FP3 and avicii
    Team working on the remaining builds.

• Check the Release notes

• Fixes and updates

• Some issues may be marked confidential by their owners and will not be visible to all.

• Issues get marked confidential as they contain user logs or user device information. At times when we are working on a new feature and not exactly sure if it will work, we mark it confidential during the development phase.

Devices which did not receive v0.22/23

• Device that did not receive /e/OS R : lake, river, payton, ocean, evert, chef, channel, beckham, fajita, hotdogb, kebab, klte, s5neolte, starlte, a5xelte, xz2c

• If your device has not received the v0.23 build Pl share the device codename in this thread. You will find the code-name in the Name column here

• :nerd_face:Team noticed motorola builds now require to remove a file partner_gms to resolve this issue…check commit here

• Do not have the reason for the OnePlus device failures as yet. Will update

• Looks like some random devices also missed the v0.23 build. Adding names to the list as users share them.

• Most probably we will release these device builds with 0.24 :crossed_fingers:

OS OTA Upgrade

s7 /s7 edge

• We are testing of the OTA OS upgrade for s7 / s7 edge.
  • Volunteers who can help with this testing required

:crossed_fingers: We are using this experience to develop upgrade builds for other devices. First preference would be devices we sell on the eSolutions Shop. No ETAs as of now for this activity.

Oreo and Nougat devices

• We will try to upgrade devices where possible. Builds are failing for devices on these two operating systems. We may eventually have to drop support for devices stuck on Oreo and Nougat.

GSI

• GSI builds for v0.23 has been released.

• GSI sources are available here

ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom

• A new Docker image to be released :crossed_fingers:
  • Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
    • You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
    • After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c 'git lfs pull'

:nerd_face: Reason behind these changes:

Development Activity

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
  • Updating Applications where forked …ongoing task
  • EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS builds…investigation only

This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users.

Announcements

:loudspeaker: Roadmap 2022

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e and emerald
Teracube users please note there are two different versions of the device now. 2020 released devices are classified as 2e on our site, and those released in 2021 are code named emerald. We have added a warning in the guides to help users. 2e guide and emerald guide.

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290

• We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: /e/OS Pre flashed device sales

• We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
  • Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: Porting and New Devices

• Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available :crossed_fingers:

/e/OS Links

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

14 Likes

Heard from friend that s5neolte didn’t receive v0.23. He’s not using forums, gitlab or any other platform like telegram group etc. so promised to report this.

Edit: Any ETA when fix for this could be available (maybe at v0.24?):

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/4140

1 Like

The same here for the Samsung S9 starlte Android q dev. No update available yet.

Thanks @huuhaa @Octopus have added the device codenames to the list and shared with the team. Will update as to when the builds would be available

2 Likes

Hello @Manoj
The samsung A5(2016) code name a5xelte has not received the 0.23 update
What about the adaptation of android R for this device?

Thanks again for the work, my device is still better than before :clap:

Hi Manoj, xz2c didn’t get 0.23; it was a failed build in the testing channel run for 24 March. It built earlier and I’m still running the 19 March version with about 144 apps on it!

Hi! I didn’t recive the 0.22 update to my bullhead (Nexus 5X). Thanks

Teracube 2e

• Users, please be aware that as of now the 2e is only compatible with Android 10 or /e/ Q build. This information is also shared on the 2e forum and on the /e/ install guide

This seems odd, my newly aquired Teracube 2e with /e/ preinstalled ships with Android 11, which i guess is /e/ R…

Either you ship devices with an unsupported OS preinstalled or this information is outdated.

1 Like

Pl check the update for Oreo and Nougat devices given here

1 Like

There will be an update to the guide for 2e coming soon. Waiting on the developers to release it.

2 Likes

Hi! Is the stable release delayed due to the App lounge bugs / malfunctions? Or the App lounge is not even part of this stable release ?

Hi, I use the Samsung S10 with e-0.23 R and have the following problem: Occasionally, the battery empties very quickly without the device being used. Then it gets very warm and turns off. After cooling it can be started again. Close last used apps has no effect to interrupt this process. Only reboot helps.

It is part of GSI :smiley: but not in unofficial builds :sweat_smile:

Awaiting a response from the team on the release date for stable builds. Will update

The stable builds are delayed due to some bugs… will share details. App Lounge will not be a part of stable builds for now. We have released it on the dev channel and have got numerous suggestions
The team is working on most of them.

6 Likes

:+1: thanks @Manoj for checking this out

Hi @Manoj I did an OTA update to my OnePlus6 a few days ago and it’s now running on the 0.23 version of Android 11 with no problem. The failures on OnePlus devices obviously doesn’t concern this one :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Grendel glad to hear that. We are working on releasing the builds that failed

Hi there,
I just did the OTA update on my S9 to 0.23 (android 10). But I’m not supposed to received “dev” updates, is this normal?
The update went well and everything seems to work as expected, but TWRP gave me a strange (and little bit scary with a red color font) warning about an unfunctional password (I can’t remember the exact message… sorry :frowning: ), to be short, TWRP was unable to decrypt data because the default password didn’t work, but the update went to the end normaly (as far as I can tell).

Am I the only one who saw this message during the upgrade?

Can’t tell you because the update 0.23 is still not available on my S9 stralte (android 10 too). It’s a bit strange that you (or me) have (don’t have) the update on the same phone.
Maybe I’m wrong but if your phone came from the /e/ store you should have access to the dev update and so the 0.23 before me. Indeed, my phone is a refurbished one but not buy on the /e/store so without the dev update. But again maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like