Week 23 : 2021 : Development and Testing Updates

Thanks, sharing this info with the build team

Is the “chrome invalid certificate” issue solved when using web logins like in Amazon Alexa app? Also, some apps come back with error after fully displaying what they are supposed to (like Wells Fargo banking app, Amazon shopping and eBay app)

Yes! :+1:
I was patiently waiting for this update…

4 Likes

Confirmed working.
These apps are now working on version 0.17 using Galaxy S9+

Great job!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. There were some fixes made to microG as part of v0.17. That being said it is an ongoing battle. Based on user feedback and testing we will be undertaking more bug fixes.

2 Likes

Excuse me, but what about jfltexx ?
there is no more mention of that efficient and last self reparable Samsung device in the official supported list.

EDIT : i have found the 0.17 build manually writing the adresse: /https://images.ecloud.global/dev/jfltexx/
but it disappear from the official device list for a couple of month.
/https://doc.e.foundation/devices/

There is no official serranoltexx since e-0.13-n in December 2020
e-0.13-n-2020121089402-dev-serranoltexx.zip

e-0.9-p-20190602-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip

I received a notification that there was an update (0.17), so I downloaded and installed it.
However I got stuck in TWRP, every time I tried to Decrypt Data it failed.

Failed to decrypt data.
Unable to decrypt with default password. You may need to perform a Format Data.

After giving up on the password it seems the process continued (it happened so quickly I couldn’t catch the processes). It almost looked like it was loading a recovery or back up, so I thought I would end up back with the stock ROM, but to my surprise the update worked and the phone booted into /e/ and under System updates it says 0.17.

Just thought I’d share my experience and hopefully you can help me confirm that the update was a success and I have nothing to be concerned about :slightly_smiling_face:

Any news on the arrival of Q for sailfish?

Update on FP3 went smoothly. Thanks!

2 Likes

Moto G7+ update to 0.17q was smooth as can be.

For anybody to confirm that you would need to say which device you have exactly :wink: .

From your description of the process I don’t see anything wrong concerning the update.

• TWRP tries to decrypt an encrypted data partition … that’s normal.
  • The data partition isn’t involved in an OS update, so you can cancel the decryption attempt at the password prompt or TWRP doesn’t even manage to decrypt because TWRP doesn’t support decryption on every device … no issue for the update here either.
  • After that TWRP would usually run the OS update … this seems to have worked for you.

Define quickly.
TWRP will give status messages, they will include something like “patching system image unconditionally” as far as I’ve seen, and this process will run for a moment … but how much time this would need exactly might heavily depend on the device, and whether this could be called quickly then might depend on individual perception :wink: .

The version 0.17 is not available for my FP3, today I have the version 0.16 (Android 10), nothing happens when I search for new updates

1 Like

“released for all”
Does that mean for “stable” release channel or for “testing”. (also no update to 0.17 on my FF3 stable)

2 Likes

The update was published on the dev-channel. If you purchased your Fairphone via the store or used the easy installer you would be on the stable channel and receive the update in a couple of days.

4 Likes

Updated and added details in the initial post

4 Likes

Ran system update on my Samsung Galaxy A5 and it went smoothly and extremely quickly. Took maybe a total of 15 minutes to download and install. Only been using /e/ for about 2 weeks now but everything has been great so far.

Thank you for your response @AnotherElk.

Relieved to hear that the Data partition isn’t needed for the OS update.

I have a Samsung S9. I would say the command line update ran for a minute or less. Then I think it rebooted.
It seems to be running alright, so far so good :blush:

Hi. V0.17 working well on dipper. Thanks very much. OTA update failed as it did for the past few releases. Completed without issue via Sideload. Many thanks.

I have a problem the 0,17 version. I took 2 photos on my phone (Fairphone).
I used a dark style and it’s working fine to 0,16 version.
But the new 0,17 have a problem as you can see the photos. The Contacts and the dialer doesn’t work. I change the light style mode.
I hope the next version will be fine. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello
I have the same problem on S8.