Week 23, 2022: Development and Testing Updates

Iā€™ve found a solution for the battery drain issue. Iā€™ve deleted cache and app data in the settings for the new advanced privacy app.

Iā€™ve no idea if this is a long term solution :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why safetynet is only for stable devices?

1 Like

Apart from a possible incentive to buy devices from the e foundation (= stable builds installed), it seems thereā€™s a split now ā€¦

dev builds ā€¦ Rooted Debugging :sunglasses: = SafetyNet fail :thinking:

stable builds ā€¦ No Rooted Debugging :thinking: = SafetyNet pass :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Manoj

Just wondering where in the release cycles do you see Android ā€˜Sā€™ falling?

Should be extended later to all devices. Development for this is to be planned.

3 Likes

The porting to Android S has as yet not been planned. We should be starting work on it soon :crossed_fingers: As mentioned earlier developers mentioned that the changes required for the upgrade to S should not be much. Will update on these thread when work starts.

2 Likes

So is there a way to unroot the Os after installation ? Does it avoid updates?

The OS is not rooted with this.
Rooted Debugging gives you the possibility to temporarily promote yourself to the root user when you work with ADB.

1 Like

I still hope that Rooted Debugging comes back for stable builds - at least there is issue #5418 (for FP4 only?) in status ā€˜awaiting developmentā€™ regarding this topicā€¦

That is only for Q the case I think, on FP3 with 1.0-r-dev SafetyNet also passes :smiley: it does not no xz2cā€¦

Hello,
I am very pleased to have received my OTA proposal to upgrade my Samsung S7 today (itā€™s an e.foundation phone).
My current version is 0.19 ā€¦ stable.
I received 3 proposals to upgrade (0.21, 0.23 and 1.0ā€¦).
Should i upgrade from 0.19 to 0.21 and after to 0.23 and then to 1.0 or is it possible to upgrade to 1.0 directly from 0.19 ?
Sorry if someone as already ask the same question, i didnā€™t found the answer.
Thankā€™s a lot for your help and advice !
Thank you and good evening

Normally with /e/ version updates, skipping a version, or three, is fine.

But is one of these three the OTA Upgrade ?

Surely only one of these is the OTA UPGRADE ā€“ the very special one?

You would not want to ā€œskipā€ the OTA upgrade. Or do I misunderstand ?

If you knew for certain the v1.0 was the upgrade, you can go straight for that.

Nice one, it is finally here! I couldnā€™t find the image for 1.0 under the S7ā€™s dev or stable builds. Or is there another place to look for? I need to install it manually, no OTA for me. Thatā€™s why I am asking.

Here it is a picture of my phone yesterday evening to help understand what i meen.

The 3 proposals of upgrade came together yesterday (I often check, and i received them together). So what is the good choise to upgrade my phone towards v1.0 (directly or by intermediate steps/versions) ?

The v1.0 is the OTA OS upgrade build for the s7. Always go for the latest build as it has all the previous builds updates

5 Likes

havent received the prompt yet, but i will patiently wait till its my turn :slight_smile:

Hi Manoj, sorry to bother, but are there any news regarding the manual download of the image for the S7? Will it be found under stable or dev?

The OS OTA builds for the s7 /s7+ are being released for a couple of hours every day. It should start soon today. It will be released on both dev and stable channels.
The reason why we release OS OTA upgrades in short bursts daily is to check in case any user has reports any issues. While we have tested the build extensively, it is always better to be cautious.

3 Likes

It should be available now through the updater on the phonesā€¦pl check.

Upgrade is avaible :slight_smile:

1 Like