• Milestone details here

v1.0 build released on

• R
  • Q

v1.0 was not released on

• Pie
  • Oreo
  • Nougat

:disappointed: For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official support draws to a close.

Reasons for dropping official support are:

• newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
  • lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
  • no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
  • device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
  • To confirm if the security and vendor patches for these operating system will still get updated on these device trees.

GSI

• GSI builds on v1.0 are available here
    • Sources of last GSI release can be viewed here

OTA OS upgrades planned

• Samsung s7 / s7 edge OTA OS upgrade on v1.0 code
    • Released
  • Samsung s8 /s8+
    • ETA not available
  • FP3
    • ETA not available

:nerd_face: OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade from /e/OS Nougat or Oreo to /e/OS Q will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrade will be available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom builds will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released.

Difference between /e/OS build types

New devices added and existing upgraded

• This is the list of devices we added or the device codes of existing one that were upgraded.
  • These builds come with the v1.0 code
  • OS version on these new devices is /e/OS R
  • A device build that failed was surya. Team is working on resolving the issue. Will update when we can release for this one device.

Guidelines for ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom

• Docker image was updated recently
  • If you use Docker for your builds, upgrade to this Docker build before running your custom-builds.
  • Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
    • You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
    • After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c 'git lfs pull'

:nerd_face: Reason behind these changes:

Development Activity

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on given here

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
  • Updating Applications where forked ā€¦ongoing task
  • EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS buildsā€¦investigation only

This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users as they contain user specific details.

Announcements

:loudspeaker: Roadmap 2022

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e and emerald
Teracube users please note there are two different versions of the device now. 2020 released devices are classified as 2e on our site, and those released in 2021 are code named emerald. We have added a warning in the guides to help users. 2e guide and emerald guide.

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290

• We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: /e/OS Pre flashed device sales

• We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
  • Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
  • In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site

:loudspeaker: Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here

Expect more device releases from Murena in future :grinning:

:nerd_face: Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the Operating system.

/e/OS Links

Support

• Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to <helpdesk@e.email>

Websites

Telegram Channel

Social Media

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

10 Likes

Hello.

What about devices currently running e-q but recently ā€˜discontinuedā€™ by LineageOS ? Moto E 2015 is one one of them (and has no v1.0 build yet), but other support/e/d to.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

Thanks.

1 Like

As you are aware, Device Maintainers are required to provide effective support for any device.
We will be increasing the number of ā€˜stableā€™ builds by assigning more devices to our existing build team members. This will mean not only devices we sell but some of those that are popular will be getting stable or well tested builds. Not sure if the surnia (Moto E 2015)is in that list. Will share the updated stable builds list once I get it from the team. We will continue support as long as possible on all devices.

1 Like

While on the subject @Manoj please can you make it a little clearer whether ā€œallowedā€ specific devices have to {unknown} something before v1.0 will build? I will have to document it elsewhere, but I was 99% successful in building Oneplus One bacon on 25th May, but I am speculating that a commit on that or following day, opened one and closed another door in the transition from v1-q / v1.0-q

Forgive me if this is too obscure to answer. If unanswerable, I will post later with full information. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Perhaps may be added to the list of devices, already officially e-supported, a advertising about ā€˜orphansā€™ ones (from lineage side).

I continue to wait for surnia v1.0 but begin to look at ā€˜not too oldā€™ devices to replace this 6 years old little phoneā€¦

If you can create an issue in GitLab with the failure log that may be helpful to the build team to figure out what if any merges are missing from the source.

Will do, thank you. The machine getting the evidence is using all my bandwidth right now! Thank you.

For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official support draws to a close.

What about devices bought from the Murena store? I bought a FP3 last year with Pie installed. As there is no OTA upgrade ready yet, do you mean I am stuck with a phone without updates?

I chose /e/ especially to avoid thisā€¦

1 Like

The FP3 upgrade is mentioned in the initial post

Yes but there is still no ETA. Will we at least continue to receive security updates?

ā€œETAā€ is definite; ā€œwaiting for ETAā€ is work in progress.

/e/ have stated that they will support phones they sold.

I am so excited for the S7 release! Thank you for all your efforts to support my device still :slight_smile: Since I am on an unofficial ROMā€¦ will I be able to install via easy installer or do I have to do everything manually?
Just made a TWRP and data backup - so, nothing can go wrong. I just think it might be easier with the installer than having to use the terminal.

This shouldnā€™t matter. The Easy Installer does the same things you would have to do manually without it.

If you got the backup away from the device and stored it elsewhere :wink: .

1 Like

Youā€™re right, I forgot how the easy installer is basically a manual. Itā€™s just a little more idiot proof which is always good for me. I will just read everything very carefully and double-check :wink:

Backup is saved in my Nextcloud :slight_smile: Ready to go!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve found a solution for the battery drain issue. Iā€™ve deleted cache and app data in the settings for the new advanced privacy app.

Iā€™ve no idea if this is a long term solution :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why safetynet is only for stable devices?

1 Like

Apart from a possible incentive to buy devices from the e foundation (= stable builds installed), it seems thereā€™s a split now ā€¦

dev builds ā€¦ Rooted Debugging :sunglasses: = SafetyNet fail :thinking:

stable builds ā€¦ No Rooted Debugging :thinking: = SafetyNet pass :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Manoj

Just wondering where in the release cycles do you see Android ā€˜Sā€™ falling?

Should be extended later to all devices. Development for this is to be planned.

3 Likes

The porting to Android S has as yet not been planned. We should be starting work on it soon :crossed_fingers: As mentioned earlier developers mentioned that the changes required for the upgrade to S should not be much. Will update on these thread when work starts.

2 Likes