Week 26, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Builds and Releases

v1.1

• Check the list of fixes and updates coming in this build here

Update 29 June Stable build released on FP4, GS290, s9
Dev builds will be released for more devices ASAP

• Release Notes can be viewed here

v1.0.1

• An emergency release that was specific to the FP3 to resolve issues reported on the device
    • For a list of issues fixed in v1.0.1 check this link

v1.0

• v1.0 released on 31 May, 2022
  • Release code name was Alicante
  • Release notes

v1.0 build released on

• R
  • Q

v1.0 was not released on

• Pie
  • Oreo
  • Nougat

:disappointed: For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.

Reasons for dropping official support are:

• newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
  • lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
  • no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
  • device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
  • Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability. Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.

Issues that were reported on v1.0

• OnePlus Nord avicci Qualcomm CrashDump Mode - reported by only some users on forum - issue on gitlab
  • AppLounge - bugs + feedback +Improvement suggestions in Gitlab
  • Issue with Contacts app - On forum - in Gitlab
    • All Issues are under development

GSI

• GSI builds on v1.0 are available here
    • Sources of last GSI release can be viewed here

OTA OS upgrades planned

• Samsung s7 / s7 edge OTA OS upgrade on v1.0 code
    • Released
    • Note : The older OS builds will not be visible on these devices as the builds would on Nougat or Oreo and can confuse some users.
    • An issue has been reported while upgrading Signal app on the s7 /s7+ Please check this thread for details

Upcoming OS OTA upgrades

• Samsung s8 /s8+
    • ETA Sep end :crossed_fingers:
  • FP3
    • ETA not available

:nerd_face: OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released.

Difference between /e/OS build types

New Devices being added to the Supported list

A couple of existing devices will get R upgrades. No ETAs as yet.

Vendor Device Name Code Name New/Upgrade OS Comments
Motorola Moto Z Play addison Upgrade R
Motorola Moto Z2 Play albus Upgrade R
OnePlus 7 guacamoleb Upgrade R

Check this post for more details

Announcements

:loudspeaker: Roadmap 2022

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e and emerald
Teracube users please note there are two different versions of the device now. 2020 released devices are classified as 2e on our site, and those released in 2021 are code named emerald. We have added a warning in the guides to help users. 2e guide and emerald guide.

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290

• We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: /e/OS Pre flashed device sales

• We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
  • Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
  • In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site

:loudspeaker: Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here

Expect more device releases from Murena in future :grinning:

:nerd_face: Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the Operating system.

/e/OS Links

Support

• Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to helpdesk@e.email

Websites

Telegram Channel

Social Media

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

12 Likes

Will a tag from this list meet your needs? Tags · e / os / releases · GitLab.

Right now, I suspect tags are lagging what Lineage would call a “nightly build”. However to be fair the latest tag is only 2 hours old, that is ahead of anything released for testing.

Hello,

Bug call FP3.

Since the V1.0.1 for FP3, when i call someone, this ones said hears me badly.

Have a good day.

Hi all,

I don’t know if it is a regression or not, or if it due to the new emergency update for the FP3/FP3+. While trying to send mms, which I wasn’t able to do, I wanted to check the settings whithin the message app. But then, the app is always crashing. Restarting the phone doesn’t make it working.

Does anybody see that already or experience it as well ?

1 Like

Xiaomi8 Successfully updated to1.1-rc.3
But the oneplus6 update failed,It will reboot to bootloader after the update installation is complete

Hi! I find v 1.1 for FP4. Is it stable? I understand it is still in testing. Thanks.

Seems that way … https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP4/.

@Manoj: The heading of this stable build download page says “dev build downloads”.

Many thanks, I will save this link for future.

That’s ok.

Thanks to eFoundation team.

1 Like

Released but nothing on my Fairphone 4 for now :confused:

Try the manual update in system updates, i see the update on fp4 but havent had time to install yet

I did it, I refreshed but nothing happen

As yet the v1.1 release has gone out to stable build users. The release for dev users is pending.

Okay I understand, it’s for that I haven’t yet. Thanks @Manoj :slight_smile:

Hi @Manoj,

Is there a FP3/FP3+ stable build v1.1 or, with the emergency update, the version tree will join up later on v1.2 ?

Thanks

1.1-q dev is out following 1.0-q dev from June 22 (aka 1.0.1), if that’s any indication.

1 Like

Maybe an upgrade to the just released version 1.1 would fix the problem.

@Manoj

Just checking if 1.1 (dev) is supposed to be released for R for lake. It’s released for Q. (Just making sure the build did not fail for all of the Motorola devices on R).

Dev builds have not been released for R for any of the devices. Should be released early coming week.

2 Likes