Week 26, 2023: Development and Testing Updates

@Manoj
"Under development

• Galaxy S9/S9+ Q (A10)→ Android 11 (R) - No ETA as yet“
    Could you briefly explain where the difficulties lie. There has been no progress at this point for many weeks.

Have I missed that? Where is it? :wink:

Developer bandwidth is the main issue. We need more developers.

3 Likes

You have missed nothing. The announcement has not been made as yet.

3 Likes

@Manoj In the release notes :

Upgrade of Teracube 2e (2020) to Android 11

Coming from Android 10 (Q) with stable build, is this offered as an OTA upgrade or manual upgrade?

The stable zirconia upgrade from Q to R will be OTA.

1 Like

Hello @Manoj,

Will there be any guides/tutorials on how to do the upgrade properly? I’m a bit paranoid about making my phone unusable.
I used the easy installer at the time and even with this great tool it wasn’t so easy for a novice.

What’s needed is a more or less detailed procedure giving the necessary steps.

I’m sorry but when I read this :
ADB sideload can be used to upgrade to t build.
There is no need to flash stock

I barely understand what it’s talking about…
I know there are a lot of topics on this forum dealing with the subject but if we could have something official or at least validated by /e/ it wouldn’t be bad.

BTW thank you so much for the T upgrade :wink:

1 Like

The release of /e/OS T builds has been postponed.
They will now be released in August with v1.14 :crossed_fingers:
The reason behind this postponement is the team is working on adding the firmware and vendor updates to the builds. This would make it easier for the user to flash the ROM instead of first flashing the Stock ROM.
Will update on the progress of the work.

16 Likes

Hey @Manoj,

Sad to read you postponed /e/OS T but if it’s for the best, good choice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some builder users ask when T working sources will be available for unofficial builds ?

it is not necessairy for devices not maintained anymore by their vendors

That’s an excellent news for devices still maintained !

1 Like

So users are still prevented from using Trebuchet as Homescreen / Launcher :frowning:

Since /e/ OS T has been postponed I would like to install /e/ S Stable on my hotdogb. Has the issue been resolved that was encountered last month when installing /e/ OS S the touchscreen stopped working because of some type of partition mismatch? Also, reported here OnePlus 7T ‘No Touch Display’ after install - /e/OS Devices / OnePlus - /e/OS community

Just did a clean install of /e/ OS Stable S 1.12.3 via Command Line on my OnePlus 7T (hotdogb) and can confirm the loss of touchscreen right away on the setup screen is still there. I’m surprised there are not more people reporting this then what there is the post I linked previously. @Manoj do you have any insight into what the status is on this?

There is an issue around this in Gitlab Pl can you add details to that issue like steps you took to flash as well as logs if any. Have passed on the feedback to the team.

2 Likes

Thank you. Sorry, I forgot that I reported that in Gitlab. I have updated that with information from my previous post.

OTA update on Fairphone 3, no trouble whatsoever till now, tested gps (OSMAnd, various french commuter helpers…), Joplin, FairEmail, Kiwix, Netguard, many closed apps via Shelter incl. banking.
Thanks for the good work!

Will there be a future update to T, via ota, or will all devices have to be updated by easy installer to T, and then have future ota updates?

T will be an upgrade not a simple update.

• Yes for devices not maintened by their vendor.
  • Probably Yes (by a special effort) for some devices that have been solded by murena.
  • hypotheticaly Yes if the developper team reach an adjonction of stock firmware to the build release.

Only a few devices are supported by the easy-installer.

Yes as usual.