Week 30, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Thank you @e-member for extending the supported list !

1 Like

A number of users had asked queries about the murena.io email ID and around how to use it.
We have added a guide around this

3 Likes

Hi @Manoj,

1.2 released for dev version too ?

For now, it is released on stable R and Q builds. Dev v1.2 builds will be released ASAP. Will update.

2 Likes

This is at least the second occurrence in a short while of stable builds being released before dev builds, which seems to be going against the intention behind these build types, at least in part … is this a decision for reasons or just technical glitches?

3 Likes

The developer missed triggering the dev builds :slight_smile: Should happen today if it was not done late yesterday evening.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I successfully updated my FP3+ to /e/OS v1.2, Android 10 (Q) on the stable track and everything seems to run smoothly as always, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I installed 1.2 on my FP3+ yesterday (thank you!), and today there seemingly was a problem with battery drain again (as with the initial 1.0 build). I’ll let you know if this problem persists.

2 Likes

Still no 1.2 dev for my FP3 – will this only be done on a tuesday?

1 Like

:slight_smile: Looks like that. The release may get pushed to next week. Checking with the team on the reasons for the delay.

2 Likes

The update is that the v1.2 dev builds will be released early next week. We were focusing on the stable builds and now that they are out we move to the dev builds. We had some issues with the builds getting delayed and now do not want to push out a build with the weekend approaching.

4 Likes

Hello
thanks a lot for all this works.
My phone (galaxy S9 SM-G960F which is on /e/ for many years) made this update this morning on 9:00 and since that, I have huge battery drain, it shutdown because of low battery every 3 hours, it is very very hot. I’ve just send two SMS, so nothing that explains the drain battery. I had a very little battery drain since V1.0, but really nothing comparable.
It’s annoying because I go on camping this evening (and I don’t take computer or so…), so is there a simple way to come back to the V1.1 version to have my phone on holiday ?
Thanks a lot

First you must establish if you are running dev or stable.
If you are comfortable using adb you can simply download the appropriate build linked from here https://doc.e.foundation/devices/starlte/install.

Boot the phone into Recovery mode; (you may have /e/ Recovery or TWRP ); navigate on the Recovery menu to adb sideload.

(In TWRP this is Advanced > ADB Sideload > Swipe to sideload)

Then on your PC run the adb command

adb sideload /path/to/downloaded_file_name.zip

Reboot the device when it reports successful.

@Manoj Thank you getting Easy Installer ready for OnePlus 7T. Would it be beneficial for me to run the Easy Installer on my OP 7T if it already has e OS? Any advantages to doing so?
Also, does the Easy Installer remove the warning information that appears when my phone boots up?

The Easy Installer is an app/program for your computer, not for the phone.

Yes, I understand that. I realize my post does make it sound like I want to install Easy Installer on my phone. To clarify I should have said “Would it be beneficial for me to run the Easy Installer if my OP 7T already has e OS?”

1 Like

The Easy Installer is helpful when you want to reinstall the latest build on your device. For the devices that are on its supported list, the installer provides an easy way to install the ROM. The alternate is to install it manually. Once you have the /e/OS ROM installed on your device, subsequent builds come in Over the air (OTA).

3 Likes

Is that the warning of an unlocked bootloader? If yes, I am quite sure the easy installer would not (automatically) remove that – I guess it might advise you to do so though. (On my Fairphone 3, any change to the bootloader status will inevitably result in a factory reset … so changing it probably comes with consequences on other phones as well.)

1 Like