Once the fixes and testing is complete it will be released as v1.2
Future builds and milestones
Update 28 July
- v1.2 release is rolling out. As yet, the release has been made for stable R and Q builds only. We will be releasing the dev builds ASAP. Will update in this thread.
bacon, davinci, surnia,
If other devices are missing the v1.1 build pl do let us know. The build team will work on adding these devices to the v1.2 release
Following some reports of devices getting bricked the OnePlus Nord avicii v1.1 stable build has been removed from the servers. Issues in Gitlab 5647 , 5638. Team will rectify the issues and release a build with v1.2
We released a patch build for the FP4 last week which resolved this issue
FP4 users pl share feedback if any after installing the build.
- Samsung s9 / s9+
- Samsung s7/ s7+
- Samsung s8 /s8+
- ETA Sep end
- ETA not available. Will be planned after the release of the s8/s8+ OS OTA upgrade
OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released.
Difference between /e/OS build types
The Easy Installer can now be installed on the MacOS. Check this guide for details
The following devices will now be supported by the Easy Installer
A couple of existing devices will get R upgrades. Will target to release with v1.2
|Vendor||Device Name||Code Name||New/Upgrade||OS||Comments|
|Motorola||Moto Z Play||addison||Upgrade||R|
|Motorola||Moto Z2 Play||albus||Upgrade||R|
Check this post for more details
We plan to upgrade around 70+ devices to /e/OS S or Android 12. The /e/OS S builds are in the final stages of development and testing. Hope to release the devices in monthly batches of 20 devices.
You can check this list for the device names
Where ever possible, we will work on upgrading existing devices to ‘S’. Will share details on specific devices when I have feedback from the team. We have to check, if it is possible to upgrade to S or the next best OS version possible.
- murena.io guide
- How to root /e/OS
- Advanced Privacy
- App lounge
- Bootloader locking section added to emerald install guide
Device and Vendor specific Announcements- Click to expand or close
For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the Operating system.
/e/OS Links - Click to expand or close### Support
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French