You’re right, it became rather silent on that topic.
I remember (but cannot find the post right now) it was already announced that there will not be an ota upgrade for S7 for instance but a manual upgrade (fresh install incl. erase) would be required if the builds would succeed.But that was it since then. Waiting.
There might still be a little delay. As I wrote a few hours ago, official for the FP6 was available at the URL you know, but at the same time the Updater on the FP6 here did not offer it yet (cannot test the latter anymore now given I updated locally afterwards).
Perhaps the Installer is only getting the new version when the Updater has it, too.
Oh nice, I asked someone in another thread if I could update locally, but they didn’t know. Is there a support article/guide? I am not new to custom roms, but newer to /e/os.
I did answer one earlier question, including the idea
Do you want to Update?
Do you want to Install? eosinstaller is for installing.
Thanks! I’ll check this out.
Google Pixel 5 (redfin) and Murena Two (Two) are the only two phones still on A13 or older that you plan to give an OTA upgrade to a newer Android version. Android 13 was discontinued in December last year and got its last security patch in February this year. These are both phones that you have flagged as official and sold in your store. Can you explain why these aren’t the first to be prioritised for an OTA upgrade? As of now, I have been going around with an unpatched phone for half a year, waiting for an OTA upgrade.
So I can go from Fairphone’s OS to /e/os using this method?
Okay I figured this out. I’ll outline it below.
I recently purchased a FP6+ from fairphone and the security patch was newer the /e/os 4.2 builds and I saw this message when trying the web build.
I was told to wait to 4.3, but the official site took a few days to update. I was verifying here. When it finally updated to 4.3 this site only showed the OTA/sideload image instead of the factory flash image.
https://ota.ecloud.global/official/FP6/e-4.3-a16-20260917677552-official-FP6.zip
I finally figured out I needed the IMG version so I added the IMG- to the beginning of the url and it downloaded the correct IMG-e-4.3*** image.
https://ota.ecloud.global/official/FP6/IMG-e-4.3-a16-20260917677552-official-FP6.zip
I was then able to follow the instructions here with the IMG-e file and it worked.
Better is to follow the dedicated [HOWTO] a Safe Guide to install "IMG-e-builds" even if the /e/ web installer fails
We still have 5 devices on A12 which are the first in priority for upgrade. Devices which at some point we sold in our shop. Not all will work with newer AOSP versions. Where possible we will upgrade else the device will have to be dropped. We will share the details of the devices which will have to be dropped due to their non upgradable status.
I cannot see 5 devices which you have sold in the shop in the list of to-be-planned/under-testing OTA upgrades above. Not on A12. What are you referring to?
The e-4.3-a16 image for kebab (Oneplus 8T) is still missing on the image server ( /e/OS community kebab download )!? (while the images for the A15 and A14 variants are present)
@Manoj : Would you please tell me why?
I wasn’t aware of this guide. Thanks! I still would have had to manually modify the URL to get the IMG build, as it wasn’t listed on any of the download pages.
Although I have a lot of experience with custom ROMs, this is my first time working with /e/OS, and I’m realizing just how much goes into supporting such a wide range of devices. Shoutout to the team for all the work behind the scenes.
The rollout of v4.3 would take up to 29 September. Checking with the team if any builds failed during the compiling. Will update.

