Status: Slight delay
Testing started on 23 Sep.
Earliest release on dev channel may be by end this week.
Slight delay due to an issue we had with some device builds which required pushing out the testing dates
Release first goes on dev channel and after a couple of days on to the stable channel
To understand difference between /e/ builds on dev and stable channels check this guide
Status: On Track
Last week we released week 37 , 38, 39 and 40 devices !!! That meant 12 New and 14 existing devices now have /e/R builds.
We still have a problem with the devices mentioned here
bramble, alioth , bacon , coral , flame , kebab , lemonadep , redfin, sargo
We are considering dropping OnePlus one bacon from the /e/ R upgrades. Despite our best efforts the device refuses to build! Developers are working on getting the other devices in this list to build.
Pl note these are device codenames.
To find your device codename you can run this command in the console of an adb enabled PC with you phone connected via a usb data cable
$ adb shell getprop ro.product.device
Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices
Update 14 Oct Devices marked for Week 41 have been released
List will be modified in case builds fail or if issues come up during the build process
Installation Tip for /e/R
> Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash the stock ROM first before flashing /e/ R .
Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
Manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details
Status: On track
- Release planned for stable s9 s9+ users who are still on oreo
- OS OTA will not work for the dev Oreo s9 / S9+ builds.
- Update will work only on the variant with ‘F’ in the device codename which is the international variant for e.g. SM-G960F
- OS OTA will not work if the device is the Korean variant …denoted by the ‘N’ in the device for e.g. SM-G960N
- Release planned in a couple of weeks. We had an issue where if a fingerprint was set to unlock the device before upgrading it got lost post the upgrade. We have a fix for this and are plan to add it to the build before release to all stable build users.
- ETA after 2-3 weeks
This post will be updated through the week