Week 44, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

I have already mentioned this is the post above. To clarify this further.
No developer has been assigned as yet.
When a developer is assigned, I shall update here.

2 Likes

Great! I (and many other /e/OS users) just can’t wait!
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Got /e/ OS 1,5 update today, not surprisingly but still unfortunately no updates to browser & webview. Too tired to complaining of this though, just saying. Would have thought final bromite based update could be in the limits for 1,5 but I assume this bug will be fixed by replacing browser and webview at first 2023 update.

Until then webview vulnerabilities probably will exceed 300, so better think what to do with device bit more carefully.

3 Likes

Does this vulnerability is raised on eOS’ gitlab?

Otherwise it’s the best place to be heard for that kind of issue

Release for the Fairphone 4 ?

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5986

It’s here + older issue was closed without being fixed, but… I don’t know is there point to continue that anymore since it’s now said current browser and WebView are gonna be changed completely. That will fix this finally.

Still nothing for the FP4 stable build, but has been released for the dev build.

So I guess it won’t be long yet…

1 Like

Hi Stanwood,

It’s possible to download 1.5 stable here /e/ image ROM download but nothing in OTA for FP4 yet :confused:

I finally got it (1 hour ago).
I pressed several times on the refresh bottom and then OTA 1.5 could be downloaded.
Installation went fine :wink:

3 Likes

I love it haha, what perseverance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you got it too! :wink:

Yes i’m on 1.5 now :slight_smile: like you did, I refreshed again and again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy Mother of workarounds, I did the trick for me too.
It’s like up up down down left right left right b a.
Thx, with 1.5 audi connect app works again

1 Like

Just to be up to speed. Will my GS290 receive 1.5?

My daughter has a GS290 and received yesterday V1.5.

Cheers stanwood, at least 1.5 is in the pipeline.

My FP3 update to 1.5.
I am very happy to see that it’s a major upgrade from Android 10 (q) to
Anroid 11 (r).
@Team dev: Thanks you for work \o/

5 Likes

Still nothing for the S9+ :pensive:

Hi all,

I don’t know if I’m missing something here…

While downloading OTA update v1.5 stable, the downloading screen showed “version update” as well ; but my pre-installed e Foundation FP3+ was already on Android 11. No huge changes ; everything looked like before on my phone except what I take for being part of v1.5.

So what am I misunderstanding here ? I am wrong about my previous Android version ? The apparence and the functionality are the same, nothing new, so no reasons for being wrong with that. Looking forward listening to you all for ideas about that.

@Manoj Is it possible to share some development updates about the Easy Installer? (Current/next version, ETA, changelog,…)