Last week there was a slight impact on the progress of development activities as a few of the team members were on vacation.
/e/ R builds have not been released as yet. We will test the /e/ R v0.19 builds this week and release early next week.
In case v0.19 builds for your device have not come to your device OTA pl let me know in this thread, and I can have that checked out.
To understand difference between /e/ builds check this guide
Status: Slight delay
Week 44 devices were not released last week. Delay was due to team members being on vacation. This impacted build and review process. Will club the week 44 and 45 devices and release this week
Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices
List will be updated in case the build fails for specific devices
Installation Tip for /e/R
Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash the stock ROM first before flashing /e/ R .
Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
Manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details
To find your device codename you can run this command in the console of an adb enabled PC with you phone connected via a usb data cable
$ adb shell getprop ro.product.device
Release planned for stable s9 s9+ users who are still on oreo
OS OTA will not work for the dev Oreo s9 / S9+ builds.
Update will work only on the variant with ‘F’ in the device codename which is the international variant for e.g. SM-G960F
OS OTA will not work if the device is the Korean variant …denoted by the ‘N’ in the device for e.g. SM-G960N
Release planned in a couple of weeks. We had an issue where fingerprint set to unlock the device before upgrading got lost post the upgrade. Another issue was the dialer icon would move out of the dock post the upgrade.
As part of the testing after adding the finger print getting lost fix we detected it was not working in all cases. This is now being checked by the developer. One option would be to release the code advising users to remove any fingerprint or pins before the upgrade process.
ETA 2-3 weeks.
Status: On Track
An update for the default App Installer or Apps Store ver is under testing. Among the changes being tested are
- Integrated Search Fragment with Google Play API
- Resolved multiple memory leaks
- Switched to the latest APIs, libraries and removed all deprecated code
- Layout and theme adjustments to the UI to improve UX
- Improved memory and performance efficiency
- Major application refactoring to modularize code for speed and scalability
Code is still being tested and will undergo changes based on the test results.
There are issues opened here and here , They were opened separately so we can track the points shared by Nervuri in his analysis. Post the current testing we will assign developers to further take up these issues.
These fixes should be available with the next build …v0.20 . ETA to be decided
This post will be updated through the week