Week 47 : Development and Testing Updates

/e/ R rollout

• Week 46 devices could not be released

• Developer reported sick during the week which resulted in the delay in the build part
    • Build issues on two new devices codename hotdog and hotdogb both from OnePlus
    • The builds for devices to be upgraded are complete but review is pending
    • Will work on releasing the upgraded early this coming week…week 47 along with the scheduled releases

Builds that Failed I have moved all the devices that failed to build into Week 52. This is the list of devices that failed to build

OnePlus 7T (hotdogb) , OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) , Xiaomi POCO F3 / Redmi K40 / Mi 11X (alioth) , Google Pixel 4a 5G (bramble) , OnePlus One (bacon) , Google Pixel 4 XL (coral) , Google Pixel 4 (flame)

• Check out the Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices

List will be updated in case the build fails for specific devices

:information_source: Installation Tip for /e/R

Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash the stock ROM first before flashing /e/ R .
    Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
    Manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details

To find your device codename you can run this command in the console of an adb enabled PC with you phone connected via a usb data cable

$ adb shell getprop ro.product.device

Update 26 Nov We have released the builds for devices scheduled for week 46 and 47.

v0.19 release issue on S9 / S9+

An issue was reported by some s9 /s9+ users on stable builds.

• User devices got updated to Q but are stuck at the TWRP main screen . It also asks for a password to complete encryption.
  • For affected users, the only option available seems to be a factory reset. Which would cause data loss.
  • Dev team to explore how this update is showing up on user devices when not published. Also may be prioritize a backup solution as part of the OS
  • An issue has been created here pl feel free to add your comments and logs if any reg this issue
  • Will update the progress or updates in this thread
  • Wanted to check If there are any S9-s9+ users who got this update on Thursday and have got their device upgraded without issues.

:information_source: Advise to users impacted by this particular issue: Pl write to helpdesk@e.email with all available details

OS OTA Upgrade Testing

• Based on the previous issue the release of the upgrade code is on hold

Apps Store updates

A new version of the apps store is undergoing testing. This is the list of changes coming as part of the new version

• Integrated Search Fragment with Google Play API
  • Resolved multiple memory leaks
  • Switched to the latest APIs, libraries and removed all deprecated code
  • Layout and theme adjustments to the UI to improve UX
  • Improved memory and performance efficiency
  • Major application refactoring to modularize code for speed and scalability
  • Code is still being tested and will undergo changes based on the test results.
  • There are other issues opened separately so we can track the points shared by Nervuri in his analysis. Post the current development and testing developers will take up these issues.
  • These fixes should be available with the next build …v0.20

v0.20

This is still in its early stages. Issues need to be assigned to the set for release along with v0.20. ETA as yet not decided.

• Track progress here

v0.19 /e/ R releases

• Currently undergoing testing. There are some open issues in the R builds which will need to be fixed. We may fix and release /e/ R as part of v0.20 … this is yet to be decided.

eCloud updates

• :loudspeaker: nextcloud 20 updated to latest nextcloud 21
  • Google Data Migration app is now publicly available.
  • Calendar sharing works when using the full e.email address.

This post will be updated through the week

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

12 Likes

Do you have information about https://images.ecloud.global/dev/kccat6/?

We will reintroduce the kccat from v0.20 build onwards.

3 Likes

Hi @Manoj , what’s the status of other v0.19-R updates? Like v0.19-R for a5y17lte.
Best regards.

Hi @weichselbaumj it was still under testing when we ended last week. Will check and update the status in the main thread.

Hi @Manoj
Thanks for the regular updates and for being honest about the difficulties the team is facing.
It helps us users realise how big a task this is for you.
Keep up the good work and a speedy recovery to the one who was sick!:+1:

10 Likes

Thanks…he is back in action and has made the builds for last week and this…I am waiting for a review to be complete so that they can be released before end of this week.

7 Likes

Thanks for your efforts and for making this rom a unique project.
You are on the right track!

4 Likes

@Manoj Is the current status of the updates known, both in q and r?

You are checking for updates for which version …v0.19 ?

It is indifferent to me, I will put the one that updates first, since both are going very well.

The initial post is about the updates. If there is any change in status it would be updated in the same post. That way it is easier for users to get the information,

1 Like

The OnePlus 7T (hotdogb) is listed as a build that failed. I see today that it is has documentation for installation. Is it good to go now?

Thanks for pointing that out. We released the build for hotdogb this week. I have updated the list.

That’s great! Thank you. I have a Oneplus 7T and have been eagerly waiting for it’s eOS release. A few newbie questions. Does WiFi Calling work on the 7T build and Voice over LTE? How do I go back to Oxygen OS if eOS doesn’t work well for me?

it is not the best place here, please search the forum.
if you don’t find an existing discussion, feel free to open a new topic

Has OnePlus 8T failed to build?

The 8T would be kebab I guess …Yes that device failed to build. Moved to week 52 to give some extra time to the developers to resolve the issue