What about LTS (Long Term Support) Versions?

I was in a meeting the other day where one of the managers noticed that I had a Fairphone and he immediately started asking me a few things. I also told him that I have Android without Google and so on and so forth. He was visibly interested in a Fairphone and also in a Google-free mobile phone. But he said that his only criterion was that he could somehow use the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, and so on) on his mobile phone because he needs it to work. I thought several times during the conversation that I would like to recommend /e/ to him, but I wasn’t sure if the stability and the occasional fiddling around would suit a business type. Since /e/ OS is still kind of in beta status, but with Fairtec there is actually already an offer for companies (just not in Austria yet) - would it be possible, as with most Linux distributions, to offer a few LTS versions that really bring a lot of stability for those who need it?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Stable branch is a sort of LTS, haha !

For years /e/ provide nougat for the s7 and oreo for the s9.
same as the original android level for those devices when they were new

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. Now that I re-read my post, it somehow makes less sense for Android. I was a bit drunk :sweat_smile:

No, seriously you are right !
regarding to the e-team capacity,
After Nougat, I was for porting only Pie and R, not Oreo and Q

Hi,

just one comment to:

" … that his only criterion was that he could somehow use the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, and so on) on his mobile phone because he needs it to work."

I have “Collabora Office” on my phone, it’s in the /e/-app-store. Maybe that’s a suitable solution for your manager.

Best regards, mc21