What is Google doing on my new esolutions phone?

Just powered up my new Murena Terracube. The first thing to pop up is Google store. I paid to obtain a degoogled phone. Totally degoogled.

What gives?

And this phone has a high SAR rate…

Essentially, then, SAR measures the penetration of radiation and discovers how much radiation travels through our bone and skin into more vulnerable tissues, like the brain.

SAR, measured in watts/kg of tissue, measures the rate that radiofrequency (RF) radiation is absorbed into the body from the device being measured, usually phones. A typical SAR figure might be 1.5W/kg. This means for each kilogram of tissue, the body absorbs 1.5w of radiation energy.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

If the phone has been purchased from the eSolutions Shop, pl send a mail to helpdesk@e.email with the purchase details. Google store does not appear on /e/OS phones as app. You can ask for a refund.

2 Likes

Hi, @cosmicthunder, two questions:

1. could you confirm it is the google store and not the “/e/ Application Installer”, cuz it’s a different animal that looks similar… I dumped my apps and processes list and I didn’t find any google services on my phone, that came yesterday… so wondering how you spotted it.
  2. how did you measure Specific Absorption Rate and what value did you get specifically? how it changes between idle and during call? There is a topic on Teracube forum, but no answer from officials.

It came up with Google Store on it’s own… not the e application installer.

I asked esolutions what the SAR level is to the head, and they told me. At the moment I don’t recall that exact number, but saw that it is higher than a lot of Samsung phones.

It would be great if other people asked esolutions about that… as it is an important factor for us all. Europe has much better standards for this… there phones generally have a much lower SAR rate.

Just found it…

The max SAR for the head is 0,712w/kg. No data for the body.

Well the SAR seems indeed a bit high in comparison.
But its stated on the Murena Shop Page in the phone specifications, so one can know it before ordering.

3 Likes

Hi @cosmicthunder the support team will be contacting you reg this issue if not already done. You can discuss with them and they will be happy to arrange for a refund in case you so wish.

Glad it is listed in the SPECs… good to know the SAR rate for both body and head.

Hello,

I sent am email to Camille a few days ago, saying I would like to return the phone given the issues I have had with it.

Can you give me the details of how to do that please so I can get it into the mail?

Thank you,

You can send a mail to helpdesk@e.email with the details. The team should be able to help. Will separately let Camille know to check for your mail.