first of all, thanks a lot for all these useful things in this forum. I use /e/ since 3 weeks now and I’m totally happy with it!
About myself, I’d say I’m a mainstream user. I had an iPhone, then bought a Volla Phone but didn’t like it and then got myself a Fairphone 3+.
I know, Whatsapp isn’t good at all, but I tried it without it and it just didn’t work out (university groups, work group, football,…).
Since today, I’m not able to download things anymore. That contains pictures and voice messages. It doesn’t work for me to take my own voice messages, too.
Error at pictures/trying to play voice messages: Download failed.
Error at trying to take a voice message: Could not set up the recorder.
What I tried:
- reinstall from different sources (Aurora, /e/ Apps, Apkpure)
- controll the permissions
- manually delete the Whatsapp folder on my sd-card
What I use:
- Fairphone 3+
- SD-Card from Samsung
- I can take pictures in Whatsapp and they’re saved to the SD-Card, so there seems to be no problem with the permissions
- every other app can read and write on the SD-Card
- Whatsapp Web: I can see every picture and play every voice message.
Anyone an Idea? This unfortunately is a very important app for me.