Whatsapp does not work after 19 update

Hi,
I have upgraded from 18.1 to 19.
Everything is fine except whatsapp, which crashes all the time and won’t open. Notifications work, I can read the previews of messages that are delivered to my account. Those who write to me see that I have received the message. I have deactivated MicroG via adb. Version in use: e_FP3-user 12 SQ3A.220705.004 eng.root.20230310.165932 dev-keys
Here another user who has a similar problem to mine:
https://community.e.foundation/t/feedback-for-v1-9/48046/123?u=bambo
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi @bambo. Was MicroG disabled in the previous version too?
Did you try to clear the app cache? I don’t use WA but I think you will find your chats after login.

Hi Jobal,
MicroG was also disabled in the previous version. I cleared the cache and restarted the phone but the problem persists. Thanks anyway for your help! The version of Ws I use is 2.22.23.85

1 Like

Instead of tampering with the integrated microG in /e/OS this way, why not use LineageOS (without microG) or iodéOS (supposedly with a choice to not have microG)?

Hi, thank you for your response. I have been fond of e OS since it was released for fp3, at the end of 2019 if I remember correctly. I don’t like to change OS for both emotional and practical reasons: after all, it meets my needs and values! I have made some minor changes and so far I have never had any problems.
However, there is one more update regarding whatsapp: this morning, suddenly and for no apparent reason, it worked. I tapped on a message arrival notification and ws started. Very strange! I performed successive reboots of the phone as a test: sometimes whatsapp works and sometimes it crashes. In this case, could this be helpful to understand more?
https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/logcat

1 Like

I recommend trying the WhatsApp version under version 3, it can help you to fix the issue. I think the problem in compatibility from both sides, that’s is normal stuff. I found WhatsApp app version 2.22 should work fine. try it, it should work. peace out