When will it be possible to update from orea to pie, Q, and beyond?

The refurbished phones sold by e-solutions are being shipped with Oreo. One major drawback of oreo is that you can’t use encrypted dns servers. It has also been noted that the battery performance is probably significantly worse with Oreo than with the newer versions.

Could someone let us know as to when there will be some form of user friendly installer to update the e-solution phones from Oreo to something newer? In searching the forum posts, it appears that the e-solution team has been looking into this since 2019, but I can’t find any non-vague answers as to when this will be done, where it is on the developers roadmap, and whether it is a priority or not. If it is not a priority (and I should not expect this to be done in the coming months), that is fine! Just let us know so that we can re-calibrate our expectations.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I had put out an update on this some time back. We are working on upgrading the OS version from Pie to Q. It worked for one device . Checking on other devices and OS versions is in progress but do not have any definite ETA.
I will share details if there is any further progress on this.

Perhaps I can try to phrase my question differently: Are the developers prioritizing the release of eos 0.16, or on developing OTA updates from (Oreo, Nougat) to (Pie, Q) ?

1 Like