Where can I find apk file for /e/ app store?

Thanks. I found it at https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks/-/blob/master/Apps/app-release-unsigned.apk

But for some reason it cannot be installed in my Samsung device.

As I have written at the beginning. It has to be a system app which comes with the rom.
‘Normal’ install will fail.

Contradiction! I can prove the opposite.

The installation of the e.foundation applications “Apps” and “Browser” work as ‘normal’ and ‘System’ app installation - even on third party systems.

Following the discussion here, I did a quick test - on three different devices [amr + amr64] and two different operating systems: LineageOS Fork DivestOS Mobile - A privacy focused Android distribution - and StockRom Android 7.0 .

The installation of the e.foundation apps & browsers was installed subsequently, i.e. into working systems, without having rooted the devices:once as a system app via adb commands, the other two times as ‘normal’ user app via adb install. Both applications work perfectly on all systems.

Just try it and you will see how easy it is!

1 Like

Hello.

Maybe you can show it, too. Some e.people would certainly learn how to… Thanks.

1 Like

With twrp:
1.Create in ‘system’ / ‘app’ / a folder ‘Apps’
2. Copy the apps.apk into this folder
3. Reboot

1 Like

OK, thanks, will try (later, on LOSformicrog).

For e.browser, there’s two files : browser and browser.webview…

Even though e.foundation’s apps & browsers are open source, I can vividly imagine that using them on third party systems such as “LOSformicrog” does not cause any storms of enthusiasm at /e/.

On a “LOSformicrog” device, I adopted @harvey186 installation steps 1:1 …

… .and got stuck immediately. These two screenshots will clear things up, right?

By the way: When the correction is done, eApps and eBrowser work.

1 Like

what does that mean ?

where stuck it. No booting ? jumping e ?

:smiley: I plan it for my wife’s device. She’s not ready yet for jump to /e/, but trying is a first step…

@trefix
I find that hard to understand. Both ROMs get their source code from the LineageOS Project and work with the system application microG. From my point of view the advantages of the /e/ code modifications and the pre-installed apps and browser applications speak for the eOS ROM. F-Droid Store can also be installed on the eOS ROM as a system application if desired.

So what is the major difference between LOSfaormicrog and eOS?

@harvey186 there’s just a language barrier between us.

With “stuck” I wanted to express that I didn’t get further with the installation at the point /system, so I got stuck.

You know why!

Have you mounted system via twrp mount?

Edit: on some devices it is /system/system/app/

By the way, they are FOSS, but that doesn’t mean, that you can install them everywhere.

Her habits…

and BlissLauncher.

Same as migrate from W$ to Debian, she’s all right but doesn’t want to see any change. Just as most of ‘non-tech’ users do, anyway…

I do, because I know that it is necessary to go to the /system/app section.

If the installation is done using adb commands, one of the first steps is adb root and adb remount.

This is an interesting topic. Is this your personal assessment? Where can I find the official /e/ version?

The question “Which license has /e/OS?” has not been answered concretely yet in my opinion. Unfortunately!

1 Like

The LineageOS Trebuchet Launcher can be used like other launchers in eOS - as a “normal” user app or as a “system app”.

BlissLauncher can be deactivated or uninstalled. It is only important that another launcher has been installed before - otherwise eOS will not start.

I only use “LOSfaormicrog” if there is no adequate eOS ROM for the device and I need the features of microG.

Just try all variants and use the (modified) ROM which suits you best.

which device ? is it treble supported ?

@harvey186
Oh thank you for your interest and asking. Our family uses a S4, S5, S7 and Tab 2, all of which are not officially supported by Project Treble.

Project Treble and flash Generic System Image (GSI) is a fine thing. If there will be official support from the LineageOS Project, /e/ will follow suit sometime.

I think for most of the devices are unofficial versions if eOS available. For S7 a official version.

And GSI I’m building every 1 or 2 month

Not all smartphones with Oreo update use Project Treble. Since Project Treble requires a partitioning of the memory, not all older smartphones will have this feature enabled by update, like S7 herolte | phhusson / treble_experimentations