Which app for blocking trackers? TrackerControl? Blokada? Netguard? Shelter?

Ahm … who knows this?: Does TrackerControl allow me to switch Wifi or Mobile network on or off separately per app? This is a killer feature for me.

I do not see that functionality. Before installing it, I had thought Tracker Control might be rather hard work and difficult to use. Far from it, the .apk is 10MB, the app is not intrusive in use - it is very much educational. Interesting the app originates here.

https://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/research/HCC/

1 Like

Recent announcement about TrackerControl :
Little announcement: Today, #TrackerControl joins over 40 organisations in supporting the Tracking-free Ads Coalition that is committed to ending the pervasive #tracking and is led by members of the EU Parliament. Online advertising does not need to be based on #surveillance.

https://trackingfreeads.eu

Feel free to share in your networks if you share the cause.

2 Likes

With /e/ you should be able to set it on an app basis. In the App-Info you have ‘Mobile Data and Wifi’

2 Likes

I have read few days ago about Blokada app. I tried it out on two devices. Stock Android with Google turned off as much as possible and the other one with /e/.
Is it normal that on /e/ I have 0 blocked adds and trackers while on stock android it was around 350 after almost two days of normal use?

I think that will depend on which and what kind of apps you have installed. The OS itself (/e/) doesn’t create any background connections that aren’t needed, I’m sure. Your apps, and when using a browser, individual websites, will potentially use unwanted trackers. It pays to have several blocklists enabled, to cover all your bases.

This had always been my modus operandi, too, before I started using /e/. Back then, my Blokada installation was constantly uncovering lots of secret connections of the OS in the background.

1 Like

Okay, so this means that Blokada on /e/ works correctly :sweat_smile: That is good :smiley: I use apps from F-droid, Protonmail and Signal out of it but from /e/ app store.

1 Like