Why does the e solutions shop sell phones without basic charging cable?

100% agreement - I have at least a dozen USB power supplies (counting bars with 10 or more slots as one) and good cables with the different USB connectors. I would prefer to have an option NOT to buy more of this with each device I buy that is charged via USB cabler.
I also think that the EU should make such an option mandatory, so that everybody can decide whether an power adapter is needed or not.

2 Likes

I take your comment at least partially irony. With that said, got to say that best solution in general doesnā€™t quite fit in this thread, so I take partially my words back.

Sure in long term it would be nice if everyone could insert those in the same box if needed, butā€¦ Not quite realistic, at least for /e/. After all it requires resources not only buy those, but also store in case someone feels the need.

Time will tell how this will effect in the long term and will charger manufacturing and selling be more centralized in the future. Kind of quality before price way, which could drop those dirty cheap options out, which are almost e-waste from the startā€¦

Hereā€™s the solution.

By default, sell the phones with the chargers so that everyone has a way to charge the device. This way buyers will not ā€œforgetā€ to buy something that they really needed, and then be unsatisified because something they expected was missing!

Butā€¦ have an option to buy the phone without the charger and/or cable if they donā€™t want it , and save money.

Really the biggest thing about e-waste is not even about chargers and cables at all, but the people who seem to have to upgrade their phone every ****ing two years or so because they canā€™t easily replace the battery, or upgrade the storage (for certain devices without expandable storage).

Planned obsolescence is a bigger problem than shipping chargers and cables.

6 Likes

You will find in the box:

Smartphone
Original headset
Quick start guide

Original scope of delivery in the Gigaset Shop

Smartphone
Transparent protective case
Charger
SIM card pin
USB Type-C cable
User guide

The ā€œOriginal headsetā€ would have added value if the /e/ OS ā€˜Qā€™ supported the anaolog FM radio receiver, as it does with stock Android 9.0 and 10.

If you want to buy a Gigaset GS290 with all the accessories like advertised on the Gigaset shop, you can buy it there and install the OS on your side.

Our goal on our shop is to limit the unwanted accessories shipped. We try to be clear about it and will make it even clearer in the future.

4 Likes

This is a most welcome plan. Iā€™ll keep an eye on the issue and we will see when your plan has become a reality.

You can also rest assured that I will not be purchasing an ePhone from the e.solution.shop.

But you can be equally assured that there will be not only thank-you notes or hearts but also donations for good performance.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.