Keeping this alive - I am creating a new topic now that the original has been automatically closed off, as the issue has not yet been resolved, at least not for e OS on the Telstra network in Australia anyway.
VoWifi is still not working for me on the Telstra network in Australia when using e OS. FairphoneOS on the same device has fully functional wifi calling, and all other (different) handsets I’ve tested for wifi calling functionality also work without issues with my SIM. Haven’t had any updates from the developers for a few weeks now, the next development cycle window for this bug (#9290) starts on 21 September 2026, so am assuming someone will start looking at it again on or after that date. I’ve provided logs gathered from FPOS and from e OS so they can compare how the two operating systems are behaving (one works, and the other doesn’t). Hopefully that helps find out what the issue is.
@Manoj are you able to get any more updates about bug 9290 from the developers?
Thank you, he replied at 3am my time, so I was asleep! I’ll try that build as soon as I can. It’s the third debug build I’ve tried now…crossing fingers.
Good news, the build I installed has fixed VoWifi on e OS, on the Telstra network, which is fantastic news! Big thanks to the development team who worked on this. They advised that there was a service called “CACert” which needed to be enabled, as they could see it generating errors in the latest batch of logs I provided for them.
I tested in aeroplane mode with only wifi enabled, and was successfully able to make phone calls and send SMS/MMS.
Bad news… e OS 4.3 may have gotten wifi calling working, however…
wifi calling only works when in aeroplane mode, but doesn’t work with mobile data off and wifi on (doesn’t work when not in aeroplane mode) and I’ve checked the wifi calling preferences to prefer wifi calling, and this doesn’t make any difference
MMS is also completely broken in 4.3 no matter what adjustments are made to the APNs