Will /e/ include Corona exposure notification API and if so: when?

Did I miss something in the posts above? If so, please give me a hint, what “additional steps” beyond the replacement of Services Core ( 0.2.10.19420-77 to v 0.2.12.203315) are necessary to avoid boot loops and other nasty things…

@SuzieQ
This command returns the error message: /system/bin/sh: dm: not found

@BigFarb
To execute the ADB command adb shell pm list packages -f an existing connection between PC and ePhone is required.

What is the sequence (step by step) of the entered commands on your PC until the error message is displayed?

First, I enable debugging and dataconnection on the connected FP3, then I type adb devices which lists my device and finally adb shell pm list packages -f after which the mentioned error is displayed

Are you sure that you type adb shell pm and not adb shell dm ?

2 Likes

Why am I so stupid (:
Sorry for that …

No problem. :slight_smile:
20chars

1 Like

I found the line/package package:/system/priv-app/GmsCore/ **GmsCore.apk** = **com.google.android.gms**
@SuzieQ

OK, so deviating from the linked instructions not in /system/system/priv-app but in /system/priv-app?

Yes, as I see it at least

Hi Manoj, could you please confirm that the API will be voluntary for the /e/ OS? I do not want phone with any additional spying crap from Google. This was why I’ve decide for /e/ in the first place.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks for the link! I see it’ll be part of microG. That’s OK for me. I’m not using that one anyway.
I guess there will be microG without the API at some point for people who still use Google services. But it is not crucial for me. Thumb up for leaving this out of the initial /e/ installation!

/e/ and micro g are open source. If you don’t like a feature, feel free to remove it and build for your device.

I’m not quite sure that every /e/ user has the profound technical knowledge required to fork those and build their own version.

2 Likes

The end of oct is near. When is the release date?

2 Likes

With the v0.12 build issues still holding up all releases we have added 2 weeks to the microG covid-19 implementation date. The release date will now be around mid of November.

4 Likes

EDIT: I think my original comment was too sarcastic, therefore I deleted everything except this:
:rofl:

Thanks for the status update. When can we expect the explanation you announced here for last week?

Ok I see here, this topic clears something up: https://community.e.foundation/t/nhs-covid-19-app-not-working/22345/7?u=fairphoner

There was a clarification awaited on one of the comments in the article. Once we have that we shall publish that post. Unfortunately of late quite a few issues are getting delayed…

1 Like