Will there be a problem with the installation of Q when I updated my FP3+ to Android 11 before?

Hi guys,

I bought a new Fairphone 3+. It comes with Android 10 but tells me there is an update to Android 11 available.
I want to install /e/ on it with the easy installer. I unterstand the easy installer will install the stable Q version (Android 10). As I understand I will have to unlock the bootloader in the installation process.
On this Fairphone website https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048646311 I read I need to update my phone to the latest Android version before I can unlock the bootloader.
My question now: Will there be a problem with the installation of Q with the easy installer when I updated my FP3+ to Android 11 before? As Q is Android 10 and the phone would be Android 11 then?

Thanks for your help!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Hi, not sure to have understand yout question, but I had a FP3+ with Android 11, and I installed /e/OS 2022-06-21T22:00:00Z (it was my birthday!). It was version 1.0 based with Android 10, and no problem.
It’s strange that who need version 11 to unlock the bootloader… Do you have try without the update?
Regards.

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for sharing your experience!
In the meantime I tried it without the update to Android 11 and it worked - unlocking the bootloader as well as installing e/OS with the easy installer.
Cheers

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Welcome in th /e/OS users’ community.