Wish list: File app capable of adding file shortcuts to home screen

Hi there,

First a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project. I just newly installed the os on my samsung 10+ and love it.

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to talk about a feature upgrade for an app. Please redirect if needed.

Anyways, it would be great if the file system app had the feature that allowed it to add any files you have as a shortcut to the home screen. I ended up installing simple file manager, to get the job done. I’m happy there was a work around, but if it’s an easy feature to add, I believe people would appreciate it and be more likely to use the default app.

Thanks for listening.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

The Files App in /e/OS is a fork of the the upstream LineageOS version. The only changes that /e/ make are minor “tweaks” to the UI, and some translations.

I don’t think they will be interested in adding new features to this app - they have more than enough work to do at the moment, and not enough developers to do it all.

You might have more chance asking for the feature in Lineage OS. If they changed it, /e/ would pick up the changes eventually. But I suspect this wouldn’t be a high priority for them either.

1 Like

Thanks for adding context to the situation.

I guess if not a lot of other people use that feature, it doesn’t make sense to add it. I can get by with my fix.