Xiaomi - Mi 11 Lite 5G - renoir - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

Although I strictly followed the instructions during the installation, the actual installation of /e/OS 1.9 (“adb sideload”) gave the error message “Signature verification failed”. You can ignore this and do the installation anyway, see screenshot.

The smartphone starts normally after that and everything works.

However, today the update to version 1.10 took over an hour, see picture.

Sorry, but embedding images is not working for me right now, so the screenshots are just links.

Hello,

I want to share some steps I struggled with. May be it will be helpfull for someone else.
(Model M2101K9G)

I followed the instructions to install version 1.11 and was able to flash dtbo, vendor_boot and recovery image.

After that, I was stuck in fastboot mode or when trying to boot into recovery mode with volume up + power, I got grapic bugs and the screen only showed the mi logo + some wild flickering on the screen.

I used the latest shared resources:

Then I went the try and error approach with different version of the resources.

Boot into recovery failed also with:

Working combination:

Is it possible to link to or mention the nightly build of dtbo & vendor_boot which were checked and working at the time of writing the documention?

I also discovered a mismatch in the mentioned android version the device has to have.
While eOS mentions Android 12, LineageOS mentions version 13. Is this important to have in sync, since the instructions linking to LineageOS resources?

I was able to update my device to Android 12 only.

I haven’t tested further to get 1.11 running yet and will update if there is also a working combination for me.

Thanks alot for your effort to provide eOS for so man devices.

Best torben

1 Like

Hi,
Few suggestions :

• ensure explanation and available resources are in line by updating when necessary
    → otherwise to mention it is not maintained anymore

few examples when reading:

"1. First unzip the /e/OS Recovery file linked in the section marked Downloads for renoir . The following files would show up in the location where you unzipped the contents of the eRecovery zip file

• dtbo.img
  • vendor_boot.img"
    => There is no such zip file available but only a recovery image

“In case the partition files are not available in the /e/OS recovery zip, users flashing the Android 13 or /e/OS T build , can try and download them from the LineageOS wiki install page specific to this device.”
=> Sure but e/OS for this phone is for Android 12 and Lineage is for Android 13… so it is impossible to ensure there will be no issue

I think it is more or less what @torben3d discovered (so thank you) and for sure i will avoid Xiaomi S version…

1 Like