Xiaomi - Mi 5s Plus - natrium - Documentation Suggestions

Please add your suggestions to improve the documentation for the Xiaomi - Mi 5s Plus - natrium here …

Hello there. So I’ve tried latest release for natrium and just can’t make it to boot. It just shows the splash screen with logo and bouncing dot. I have two natrium devices (4-64 and 6-128 models) on which I tested a lot of different roms. All successful except for this one. I started from scratch - erase all data and flashed latest factory rom 11.0.20 which is the latest China only rom. Any suggestions for the “base” rom before flashing /e/ rom, since the instructions page is unclear?
I will try next with 10.2.4.0 which is global rom.

Hi @misjah welcome. This is general advice, I do not own the device.

I see that there are “old” Android 11 (R) ROMs (actually out of date) and “new” Android 12 (S) ROMs available. Check here for /e/ ROM naming convention.

For the up to date Android 12 (S) ROM perhaps refer to https://doc.e.foundation/devices/natrium/upgrade, that is the Upgrade page, where we see

Warning: Please note this upgrade build could not be tested as there were no device specific testers available. Some devices may need a revert to stock ROM prior to upgrade. To flash the stock ROM you would need to use a tool provided by your vendor.

You may also need to download a recovery image built specifically for your device.

• (my emphasis)

I do not know the manufacturer firmware revision history for this 2016 device.

You would be best to establish the final firmware revision for the device. Use that unless (unlikely) it is in advance of the /e/ Android version you intend to install.

It is possible that (even following the above) you install a firmware with Android Security Patch Level (SPL) in advance of the current /e/ ROM.

With factory firmware installed check Android SPL on the device; for /e/ ROM check current Release notes, today I see

:warning: Security fixes
This /e/OS v1.13 includes the Android security patches available until June.

For a build “declared untested” often useful to cross reference to the Lineage wiki (/e/OS is a fork of LineageOS).

where I see more specific information which I think may be useful.

1 Like

After multiple tries I installed latest global rom (10.2.4.0) and then installed linege OS 19, which is based on the same android 12 and the recovery that goes with it. Did a basic setup, because system needs to be fully loaded. After that I used the same lineage recovery and applied-sideloaded /e/ latest. /e/ os now boots like a charm but camera didn’t work and also internet with built-in browser (even without spoofed IP and location).

Thanks for raising here the main installation issue here.

Please consider opening a new topic about the Camera and Browser issues. Experienced users may not answer here do to advice …

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

I am sure the community can help you to debug the remaining issues.