Xiaomi Mi 9T Recovery mode in Chinese Help!

OK.

Does this video relate to your phone: How to enter fastboot mode and change language with Xiaomi devices | 2022

Cette vidéo correspond-elle à votre téléphone ? Comment entrer en mode fastboot et changer de langue avec les appareils Xiaomi | 2022

I can go into the faseboot without worry, and there I see the green robot being osculated by a bizarre being with a Nordic cap and a red star on it. Underneath it says FASTBOOT in blue. There’s nothing more I can do in this mode.

Si vous pouvez entrer en mode fastboot, êtes-vous maintenant en mesure de flasher une récupération personnalisée comme indiqué sur https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/davinci/install/variant1/ ?

Si vous voulez explorer davantage la récupération existante - y a-t-il eu un écran écrit en chinois avant celui que vous avez montré pour la première fois ?

If you can enter fastboot mode are you now in a position to flash a Custom recovery as instructions https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/davinci/install/variant1/ ?

If you want to explore the existing recovery more - was there any screen written in Chinese before the one you first showed ?

Maybe not. I think the connection is expected to download “Mi PC Suite” to your PC, but as said by @smu44 previously certain variants of the ROM have no language change facility in this simplified Mi-Recovery 3.0

Peut-être pas. Je pense que la connexion est censée télécharger “Mi PC Suite” sur votre PC, mais comme l’a dit @smu44 précédemment, certaines variantes de la ROM n’ont pas de fonction de changement de langue dans ce Mi-Recovery 3.0 simplifié.

You said, “If you can enter fastboot mode, are you now able to flash a custom recovery as shown here.”

Yes, I can, as long as all the steps are well defined as on the link, it should be fine.

I’ve already installed 3 /e/Os on 3 different phones.

The Mi 9T should have been the fourth…

I had expected that I could help by translating the Chinese, but if Mi-Recovery 3.0 has only 3 options you are now able to fully navigate fastboot and the very simple Recovery (I think). :slightly_smiling_face:

Ask again if you have doubts … or perhaps follow Xiaomi Mi 9T Recovery en chinois Help! - #4 by smu44.

I had started following my first post, but downloading the first link takes 1 day.

If there’s nothing else to do, I’ll wait until the download is complete to continue.

With this in mind I think you will do fine.

Mi PC Suite is only https://xiaomitools.com/mi-pc-suite/.

And once installed, all I have to do is follow the steps?

Or is there something else I need to know?

You should be able to start unlocking the phone without the download.

When you start that, it will take 7, 10 or 14 days.

Ask as soon as you see anything difficult in here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/davinci/install/variant1/.

However I suggest not to change ROM in the time between starting the unlock process and the phone being unlocked by Xiaomi. Also don’t change SIM, if necessary see if you can find a temporary SIM just for the unlock job.

I don’t understand, my phone is already unlocked.

Do I have to go through the procedure again?

You are good to go then.

:smile: :grin:

hahahahahaha, c’est juste.

None of the downloads from the first link in the other post, which I launch, finish.

They’re all cancelled.

The address zhushou.xiaomi.com from your image is probably a clue that this is local (that is Chinese) help only, but you already have Mi-PC Suite, https://xiaomitools.com/mi-pc-suite/ which can lead to all available options and tutorials. When I suggested we explore “Connect to Xiaomi Assistant” I had hoped it would be productive in language change, but it was not.

I do not think we are moving forward from Post #24 … or else I do not understand the help you are asking, sorry. :slight_smile:

The help I wanted was to set the recovery mode to English.

So far I can’t download any files from this page: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/davinci/stable/V12.1.4.0.RFJMIXM/

All attempts have failed. I’ve tested on other PCs. In all, about twenty times, without success. I’ve tried all the links.

As for the link on this page: https://xiaomitools.com/mi-pc-suite/, I downloaded the file: Mi PC Suite (MiAssistant) v4.2.1028.10.

I unzipped it. I go into the “English” folder and click on MiPhoneAssistant.exe. The whole thing is very slow. A window in Chinese opens. I click everywhere. The language page opens. I click on French and nothing happens. I did it several times. Downloaded MiAssistant again. Same thing.

When it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. I’ve been at it all day, and with your help. Sorry to have wasted your time and thank you very much for your help.

I’m going to return this phone tomorrow.

And yes, alas, we haven’t made any progress.

OK. So we seemed to establish that won’t happen on what I assume to be a Chinese ROM, not Global, but it is a “Simplified” Recovery, nothing like we are accustomed to with TWRP. It seems that you can navigate recovery if you want to (Or tell me different !)

The “Xiaomi way” might be said to be via Fastboot ROMs – not via Recovery.

In answering your questions, I have not been sure the direction you want to take now.

Just another issue, have you decided the Android version you plan to use? You know /e/OS is “legacy” Android 10 – what Android version do you have on the device now ?

If it helps … I had a much longer learning curve with my Xiaomi ! :slight_smile:

In fact, I’d bought this new phone to install /e/Os on it, to replace the current one which was showing signs of weakness, frizz, slowness, etc. It’s also a Xiaomi bought on Rabuten.

I chose this one because it’s exactly what I’m looking for:

• Good battery life,

• 128 GB of space,

• at least 6 GB RAM,

• Good colorimetry,

• good sound reproduction,

• good screen,

• between €180 and €220.

I started by seeing which phones were compatible with /e/Os on the /e/Os site.

From there, I checked out the phone tests on “Les numériques” and took the one that suited me best. I already had a Xiaomi.

Now I’m going to return the Mi 9T and try to find something similar. I’m open to suggestions…

For your question: "Just another issue, have you decided the Android version you plan to use? You know /e/OS is “legacy” Android 10 - what Android version do you have on the device now?

If it helps … I had a much longer learning curve with my Xiaomi!"

For the /e/Os version, I thought it would be the most recent, but from what you say, it seems not.

The Mi 9t is version 10 with Miui 12.

I didn’t understand your last sentence. Are you talking about your Xiaomi?

I didn’t know that /e/Os was an older version. Do they have a more recent version? Which one?

What do you suggest?

I meant my personal learning about Xiaomi install methods. These are quite different from my earlier Samsung experience. But you already have Xiaomi experience.

My /e/ experience is once a device goes “Legacy” you have the option to go Unofficial like [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi 9T (davinci) for /e/OS-T or I mentioned LineageOS above (see https://download.lineage.microg.org/davinci/).

I haven’t tested LineageOS yet and I’m not familiar with it.

I’m willing to give it a try, but don’t we agree that as long as the recovery on my phone is in Chinese, there’s no point? Si?

Lineage offers another installer?

I’m also ready to use Unofficial. I had read about this legacy problem.

Négatif :slight_smile: La méthode d’installation ressemble à fastboot.

Il me semble que vous pouvez naviguer complètement dans la récupération chinoise.

A moins que vous ne me disiez le contraire.

Il est évident que vous devez avoir fait suffisamment de lecture pour confirmer ce que je dis :slightly_smiling_face:

Negative. :slight_smile: The install method looks to me like fastboot.

It seems to me that you can fully navigate the Chinese recovery.

Unless you tell me different.

Obviously you need to have done enough reading to confirm what I say. :slight_smile:

Already linked above. :slight_smile: